My poor baby!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 liter inline 6 cylinder
Default My poor baby!

Had to take my bro who was visiting from Scotland to the air port down in atlanta yesterday, my sweet XJ made downa n back an had a problem only 30 min from home!!

As I was driving (an I am SOOO glad this did not happen goin down the interstate) the AC Compressor locked down HARD! I knew somethin was goin on with it eailer when the AC was blowin hot air so I cut it off an we spent the day with the windows down, even in the rain. (Which was sooo nice).

Anyway doin down the hwy comin home, it locked, made the most god awful screeching an I lost the ability to steer an everythin. I immediately slowed, an got her pulled over in a parking lot of a gas station.
Where a (an I am sure he was tryin to be helpful) man, stuck his nose in it...
They wanted to get my serpentine belt off in order to check an see what was goin on - Amazingly my bed didn't break btw which has shocked several people, so rather then take it off the right way 3 men (my other half, our friend who was with us, an this stranger) start tryin to decide how to do this.. I can;t get a word in freakin edge wise!
HELLO ITS MY JEEP!

I woulda been Content to ok, lets just leave it be, an tow'er home or to my friends whom work on cars to get it checked out but no - Woman = Stupid apparently...

So anyway, they first wanna cut the belt off... Yea no......
So then the stranger talks them into taking a screwdriver an wedging it under the belt on one of the pulls so that when the engine turns over, it will kick the belt off.... Yes great things happen when idiots put their heads togeather.. But hey...

So, lil ol me just throws my hands up, my arguments fall on def ears, they proceed to wedge it in, an have me turn it over. They are LUCKY the screw driver diodn;t mess anythin up, just bent the ridges on the pully alil an puta lil crack in the plastic fan infront of it....

With me still insisting, TOW IT I get griped at to try an limp it home.. Ok No fans = what? Say it with me now! OVERHEATING!
I gave it a try got less then 2 min down the road an pulled over an did what any good girl does. I called....
MY MOM!

With my dear other half throwing a fit I called Mommy, as I refused to risk overheating an locking down my baby for an idiots pride. So we got a tow truck out there an I rode with the driver to get my XJ somewhere away from idiots lol.

Anyway, bought a brand new compressor, put a new belt to go on in place of the old, theres a few lil nicks in it that i am not comfortable with, so its gona get kept as an emergency back up just in case.

Oh my poor poor XJ :'( shes worked so hard past cupple days, went up in the mountains with her, she did good off road. Handled the steep roads an goin threw the mud an ditches so well.

After all of this I owe her an oil change an a good cleaning on the inside!