Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Moving front speakers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Moving front speakers

O i want to relocate my two front door speakers to one on each side of the center console. Has anyone tried this? Or what are your thoughts? I eventually will be converting all the doors to manual locks and windows so i can have no wires to pull the doors easily. The only wires would be speaker and even if i did a quick disconect i would still loose the front speakers with the doors off. Any thoughts on how to go about it or toold that would cut the plactic well? I will be uploading pics as i do it this weekend
Old 11-24-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

On both sides of your dash there are vent looking thing. These are for speakers. You can rig 3 inch round speakers in there. I cut a hole in the dash for my tweeters but if I was to do it again I would put them in the a pillars. Then you have sound up front doors on and off
Old 11-24-2011, 09:11 PM

I cannot see wat you are talking about on my jeep it may be diff i have a 98 xj no area i can even see to rig speakers in
Old 11-25-2011, 02:54 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 5.2

Under your steering wheel to the left. Very left
Old 11-25-2011, 04:40 AM

Year: 03
Engine: 4.7

Some car audio shops have after market kits where you can install speakers to the far left and right of your Jeep. I thought about doing this to my 03 once but there is too much to move around and would minimize the floor space I already have.

Are you having issues where your music can be heard on the outside of the doors?
Old 11-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

I wouldn't put them in the center console, personally, unless you don't really care about sound quality. Car speakers are more directional than you'd think, which is why they are usually pointing toward the passengers.

If you put them in your center console, you'll be hearing most of it from just your right ear which will kill the stereo effect.

If you don't care about sound quality, well then I guess that's a different story.

Of course you could always keep the door electronics and just water tight connectors so you can undo the wiring whenever you want to remove the doors... They're easy to get, just go to the junk yard and snip off some wiring harnesses that have the water tight connectors, then wire them into the circuit.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:27 PM

I have a 12 and 2 5 inch alpine speakers in thhe rear putting them in the center will really kill the sound quality? Im looking at some of the other spots you all say is under like u left knee? Mind you im trying to reuse my 5 n some odd inch alpines from my front doors so only place i can see is in the center console and maybe to even out sound quality put some tweeters where you all say by your knee?