Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Most Unusual or Odd thing you have found while wheeling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Most Unusual or Odd thing you have found while wheeling.

Similar to another thread on another Jeep site, these usually end up being fun. What have you found off road that made you go WTF? I don't have any pics ( I have done much of my wheeling before digi cams.) but I tended to find VW Beetles in the most out of the way and unusual places. What else have ya seen out and about? Pics are great BTW.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:17 PM

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.ol renix

I saw a man and a women in the act on a quad.

Don;t have any pics sorry
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by jeepdavetj
Similar to another thread on another Jeep site, these usually end up being fun. What have you found off road that made you go WTF? I don't have any pics ( I have done much of my wheeling before digi cams.) but I tended to find VW Beetles in the most out of the way and unusual places. What else have ya seen out and about? Pics are great BTW.

,,,oddly enough, on the power lines above my house there is an old 60s bug that looks as tho it rolled down the hill, the pass seat is sticking out the drivers side window, its been there for as long as I can remember. The motor and trans are gone from it however. Only thing I can figure is somone was rallying the bug up the mountain and lost it and rolled back down, but with how crushed it is I couldnt imagine if you would have survived.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Originally Posted by Skreed

Made me LOL. Well, since I've participated in the Wharton cleanup (& it's a wheeling event), we have found the darndest things: whole refrigerators, toilets, bikes, a bath tub, boats ... you name it, we've dragget it out of the woods.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 sraight six

A friend of mines nissan truck stuck in a mudhole we call the "Blackhole." Well, it was about 2 foot of the cab sticking up out of the mudhole!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM

i found a grand am abandoned in a mud hole that has in the past given my jeeps a hard time..

one of my friends went to the same place a couple years ago with another friend and they found a corvette C5 ditched back in the trail...so they called the cops bc they figured it had to be stollen, no one is going to drive a at the time brand new C5 down a muddy jeep trail..

sure enough, the theives showed up with an enlosed trailer only to find several sherrif deputies waiting for them
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0

Found a dead body once... Well it wasnt human though. Someone had a HUGE wild hog head tied to a tree. I got a pic i'll post up when I get home...
Old 02-28-2010, 05:13 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L 6cyl

Originally Posted by illicit
Found a dead body once... Well it wasnt human though. Someone had a HUGE wild hog head tied to a tree. I got a pic i'll post up when I get home...
weird
Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: l6 4.0, K&N FIPK & 62mm bored TB

Originally Posted by illicit
Don't ...
Old 02-28-2010, 07:12 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 HO

This thread is inspired by this thread. If its not ok to put this link here, mods please remove it. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/e...eeling-211618/
Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1987
Engine: 242 inline six

Around here there are alot of abandoned mines with all kinds of stuff dumped around them.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L I6 w/ K&N and bored TB

This was pretty strange, drove like a few miles down an old abandoned road and I found a random base to an old water tower with the tank taken off the top, it was still cool, like 100 feet tall. Was gonna climb it for the view and some cool pics but thought better of it.

Edit: I remember seeing another thread like this a while back, I remember one guy said he say Charles Manson's compound while wheeling and a few others that found abandoned missile silo's. I'll admit, there isn't anything quite that cool in NY.

Last edited by Iant333; 02-28-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:32 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

i didnt find this wheelin but back when i was younger me and my friends would go sledding behind my buddies house on the old quad trails well one of the trails had an old 1950's car completely destroyed and that had been set on fire a ways down the trail there was another car beat to ****, these trails are to small to fit my jeep without hitting tree's or bottoming out on the quad birms let alone to old cars
Old 02-28-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Iant333
This was pretty strange, drove like a few miles down an old abandoned road and I found a random base to an old water tower with the tank taken off the top, it was still cool, like 100 feet tall. Was gonna climb it for the view and some cool pics but thought better of it.

Edit: I remember seeing another thread like this a while back, I remember one guy said he say Charles Manson's compound while wheeling and a few others that found abandoned missile silo's. I'll admit, there isn't anything quite that cool in NY.
yup i remember that too..it was on jeepforum.com about 3 years ago..ive told people about that one...there was another one there too about some one finding an old bus trailer thing full of bloody rags and knives and they called the cops and it ended up being a killer they had been looking for for like 5 years
Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 91
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by Skreed

that might have bin me and my fiance

Quick Reply: Most Unusual or Odd thing you have found while wheeling.