Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking for Advice--what to do with my 1994 White Jeep Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Looking for Advice--what to ask for my 1994 White Jeep Cherokee

Alright, I love this baby--but I have to get rid of it and I have no experience in selling or parting cars. It has been in the family for a decade. My brother got it at a police auction--I think it was an old cop car and the engine is amped up.

I'm heartbroken to do so, but I have to get rid of it. It runs great--new battery, winter tires, tranny's great, etc.

4 Door, 6 cyl, 4 wheel drive, automatic

What's WRONG WITH IT is: rusted bottom by the drivers side (you can see the road through a little whole), needs a new windshield, drivers door latch, and windshield wiper (motor?--new wipers but they won't move).

Exterior--not that great- a few dents, scratches, rear bumper could be fixed up a bit.

The interior is pretty rough--but functional--the drivers seat doesn't match the rest (installed a used one after the original died). It's been a bush car (tree planting, out to the rigs) for years, so it isn't sparkling by any means.

And it's got just about 300 000 km on it.

In short: interior and exterior--superficial damage, beaten up a bit but nothing devestating.

Under the hood--pretty damn good.

BUT IT IS A BEAST! And will never die ( i hope) or at least if it does, a good death.

If I could, I would learn how to fix it up, make a project out of it, but unfortunately, my father has fallen ill--I've had to move back with him and he wants it gone.

I have no time to fix it up ( let alone learn how to) and am cringing at the thought of giving it away to one of those junk car for cash places for 100$.

If anyone could offer some thoughts on what I could get for selling the jeep to someone for parts ( i have no idea how to part it out) or as a whole--it would be MUCH appreciated.

What would you pay for this spirited bush car?

(The picture below is a likeness off the internet--much cleaner looking than mine-- I will post real ones soon)

THANK YOU!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by rockmast; 02-05-2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: title clarification
Old 02-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 I6

I would start with it's not a car.. It's a Jeep.. Everyone to save you the time 300,000 km is 186,411 mi. I usually like to see pics of the vehlicle before I come up with a price I would think is right.. Sorry I know you said you were gonna get some up soon so I'll wait till then on that..

WELCOME TO CF
Old 02-05-2012, 01:32 PM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

1994 with 187 miles on it. up to $1500 would be my max offer for a decent one.
tips would be dont call it a beast or say it will never die on you. I dont like seeing that in the ads I read
I've spent months at a time looking for xj's on craigslist. this is what I would consider to be a proper ad

TITLE:: 1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ
PRICE:: ask maybe $200 more than the lowest you will take. that way the buyer can haggle and you can come down a couple hundred on price and they'll think theyre getting a deal

1994 jeep cherokee for sale
I'm heartbroken to do so because it's been in the family for 10 years but I have to get rid of it. It runs great

it's an inline 6 cylinder 4.0 liter high output engine automatic transmission 187,000 miles
4x4! passes smog and has current tags. all paper work and title in hand

new battery, winter tires, tranny's great, etc.

typical wear and tear and dents on the exterior. paint is ok. the white colors tend to hold up pretty well
The interior is pretty rough--but functional--the drivers seat doesn't match the rest (installed a used one after the original died). It's been a bush car (tree planting, out to the rigs) for years, so it isn't sparkling by any means.

the bads: rusted bottom by the drivers side (you can see the road through a little whole), needs a new windshield, drivers door latch, and windshield wiper (motor?--new wipers but they won't move).

If I could, I would learn how to fix it up, make a project out of it, but unfortunately, my father has fallen ill--I've had to move back with him and he wants it gone.
call text or email any time 916-eight four seven-4728 (insert name)
$1750 obo

tags:: jeep xj grand toyota acura honda jk yj zj cj tj trade 5 speed 4 off road wheeling project etc.

pictures are incredibly important for your sale!!

and anyway, that should be enough info for your basic craigslist buyer. good luck!

Last edited by Atmos; 02-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.