Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Looking at '94 Cherokee Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(SJ)
Question Looking at '94 Cherokee Sport

I am going to look at an older Cherokee later today. This will be my first, so not that knowledgeable about the breed yet. It has close to 300K on the clock, with a recently performed heart transplant (150K engine and trans swap about a year ago). The floor pans and brake lines have been replaced. I heard the door hinges can be an issue, so will be looking at those closely. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I take the plunge on this baby?
Old 10-21-2017, 06:29 PM

Unhappy Sorry, that didn't pan out

Unfortunately, that vehicle was a POS. Owner did not disclose many issues, so I'm going to pass on it, and keep looking............
Old 10-21-2017, 06:38 PM

Engine: 6 CYL HO

Sorry to hear. Keep looking. They are out there.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by bblooz
I am going to look at an older Cherokee later today. This will be my first, so not that knowledgeable about the breed yet. It has close to 300K on the clock, with a recently performed heart transplant (150K engine and trans swap about a year ago). The floor pans and brake lines have been replaced. I heard the door hinges can be an issue, so will be looking at those closely. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I take the plunge on this baby?
Originally Posted by bblooz
Unfortunately, that vehicle was a POS. Owner did not disclose many issues, so I'm going to pass on it, and keep looking............
Good on you for passing it up, as Biggsly pointed out there are plenty out there.