XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

LOL stories about your jeep!

Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default LOL stories about your jeep!

Lets start a thread about moments that make you Lol about your Xj... Ill start

My jeep was fresh outa the factory in 95, drove it home, parked it on my hill, pulled up on the emergency brake and pop the handle came right outt... Then I call down and make a service appointment. Later that week I was driving to work and when I got there I opened my door and it fell off!!. I called in sick and drove my jeep to the dealer. It was a sunny day full of customers looking at new jeeps to buy. I drove right up. Told a sales man to come over I opened my door( holding it on) when I got out I picked up the door and handed it to him, along with the e- brake handle.. he quickly told me to pull into the service area.. but I wasn't done. I then went to the passenger door and gave a slight tug and off it went.... They were so embarrassed and it was so funny. Also my motor mounts were falling off and my fuel door was loose... Welcome to driving an XJ..
SHARE YOUR STORIES!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM

Year: 96
Engine: 4.0 HO

If the door fell off my brand new vehicle I would LOOSE my temper big time...
Lol time with my jeep.. I drove through my parents ditch about two weeks ago... The ditch had about 2.5 feet of slushy muddy crap.. made it without a problem. Then I went into the yars and strai for the family of snowmen that where half tipped over, punched the gas and took them out in a big explosion of snow. However I landed on the bottom half of the 3 and got hung up. My dad had to pull me out with his explorer ... laughing at me the entire time.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
CF Veteran

Lol! Yeah apparently all the xjs at the dealership had bad welds going on
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM
CF Veteran

I was out wheeling with a buddy, going over a big area of rocks, and he got stuck in his Comanche. So I had to turn around and go back to pull him out. In the process of turning around, my clutch pedal broke. So I had to pull him out, turn back around, and finish the trail plus the 10 mile drive home with no clutch.
Got it home and welded the pedal back together, and its still working fine.

I was out wheeling another time with my Jeep full of friends, jumped it, and when I landed the backrest of the rear seat broke, leaving all 3 people in the back seat laying down. Took what was left of the backseat out after that.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 PM
CF Veteran

Lol that's so funny. My friend has a 94 Honda accord he thinks is fast and I was in his passenger seat and he was going like 60 and slammed on the breaks and the seat I was in broke and folded forward toward the dash but thank god the seatbelt locked..
Old 03-26-2013, 02:39 AM
Seasoned Member

Location: thompson,okanogan,shushwap area in central British columbian
Year: 91 laredo
Engine: HO 4l

first week of having it went hiking with some friends, lost my keys on the trail (public park in the city), 1.5 hours latter i found them, whew
latter that day me and two other guys decided to go wheeling on a nearby mountain (MT.IDA)(nowhere near civilization) we were looking at some old mine shafts and after when we went back to the jeep i relized i had again lost my keys, we went back and searched the mine shafts for a few hours looking only for me to find that when i had gone to **** before entering the mineshafts a tree branch had snaged them and thrown them 10ft off the trail lol

this same day i riped my drivers side sway bar mount off flexing (after finding keys... and that exact moment it happend is my current avitar pic to)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by diego94
first week of having it went hiking with some friends, lost my keys on the trail (public park in the city), 1.5 hours latter i found them, whew
latter that day me and two other guys decided to go wheeling on a nearby mountain (MT.IDA)(nowhere near civilization) we were looking at some old mine shafts and after when we went back to the jeep i relized i had again lost my keys, we went back and searched the mine shafts for a few hours looking only for me to find that when i had gone to **** before entering the mineshafts a tree branch had snaged them and thrown them 10ft off the trail lol

this same day i riped my drivers side sway bar mount off flexing (after finding keys... and that exact moment it happend is my current avitar pic to)
Lololol
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

Took my wife wheeling for the 1st time. I got out to take pictures of her going through some easy rocks. She had so much fun after she got to the end of the obstacle she drove away and left me standing there. Was she just having fun or should this tell me something.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 88
Engine: 4.0 HO

When I first got my 87 renix 5 speed my GF was driving it and getting use to driving stick.
One day she left for shopping, when she came back I was sitting on the porch, as she got out of the driver seat she looked at me and said ( Hi honey! ) as I stood up and yelled ( Your rolling!!!) it rolled into a tree and smashed bumper.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by McCaffrey
Took my wife wheeling for the 1st time. I got out to take pictures of her going through some easy rocks. She had so much fun after she got to the end of the obstacle she drove away and left me standing there. Was she just having fun or should this tell me something.
Hahaha the jeep does more for her than you. Apparently its a common problem... Happens to us guys all the time, the long nights alone in the garage. Workin on the undercarrage... An xj is like a swinger. You like to trade sometimes...haha
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by JeepingDan
When I first got my 87 renix 5 speed my GF was driving it and getting use to driving stick.
One day she left for shopping, when she came back I was sitting on the porch, as she got out of the driver seat she looked at me and said ( Hi honey! ) as I stood up and yelled ( Your rolling!!!) it rolled into a tree and smashed bumper.
Owch, there's a zumba dance school down the road from my house, and all the women always park in front of our houses and stuff. So a lady with a bmw brand new parked in front of my jeep... I was watching tv when I herd my alarm give a warning chirp. I looked out the window to see she backed into my rough country winch bumper with d rings on the front.... After she went to class I went out and her plastic bumper had 2 holes in it from my d ring mounts...lol! My jeep fine.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 9294Forrest

Owch, there's a zumba dance school down the road from my house, and all the women always park in front of our houses and stuff. So a lady with a bmw brand new parked in front of my jeep... I was watching tv when I herd my alarm give a warning chirp. I looked out the window to see she backed into my rough country winch bumper with d rings on the front.... After she went to class I went out and her plastic bumper had 2 holes in it from my d ring mounts...lol! My jeep fine.
Serve her right. She should be glad u didn't drive over her car when leaving the driveway lol
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by XJwonders

Serve her right. She should be glad u didn't drive over her car when leaving the driveway lol
I can never park in the drive way bc they always block it. I have my neighbor park in the street so when they do block my drive way I pull 2" behind there car so they have to come ask me to move then i bich them out for blocking my driveway! I hate that place they blast music Untill like 10:30