Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep....Crushed and Twisted, dead forever (56K Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Unhappy Jeep....Crushed and Twisted, dead forever (56K Warning)

Safety Warning: If you don't already, wear your seatbelts!! I have rolled and totalled two vehicles without so much as a bruise thanks to the miracle that is a seatbelt!

TL;DR: Fell asleep and rolled my jeep, completely totalled it. Crushed the cab and twisted the unibody frame-rails.

About a month and a half ago, my friend and I stayed up for two days running around the wilderness and the beaches of Oahu; travelling from one end of the Island to the other. Through the streems, over the rocks in my trusty Jeep:
(the red one)

Using this vehicle to take us places one wouldn't normally tread, we spent our time enjoying all the wilderness around us, in ways one normally wouldn't(despite what clothing may suggest, drugs were not involved):

After our two days of romping around the wilderness, adventuring and enjoying everything we could, night was falling on Friday and we were headed home both very tired. Her sleeping in the passenger seat, and me--sleeping in the drivers seat... Landed us on our side, after rolling a couple times for good measure.

Thankfully, my Jeep saw fit to sacrifice its own life for the two of us. Not a bruise nor a scratch was found or felt, but good Eeyore had been crushed and dented. The earth held on to the back tires with a fury like non-other as the front tried to roll and twisted the unibody frame-rails.

Last edited by AKinHI; 12-30-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:23 AM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.0L

Well glad you guys are safe! Crazy stuff man
Old 12-30-2011, 06:47 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited

That sucks but its a good thing you two are alright! More pics?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 AM

Year: 99
Engine: 4.0

Crazy man. Good to hear the Jeep kept you guys safe. I'm always nervous about dozing off when driving. I get too comfortable sometimes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM

If I'm going to wreck, I want to be in a XJ. They are the safest vehicles on the road. My two oldest boys drive them and my youngest who is now 10 will get one as well.

My son was T-boned by a chevy avalanche doing 45, he was shoved 20' sideways and the Jeep was narrowed 10". My son walked away without a scratch, the Jeep was gone but still ran and drove!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 L I6

Dang glad to hear you are ok. When I was about 13 I was inside of my cousins Cherokee and while she was driving around the corner on a dirt road going 45mph we caught a berm and rolled twice. The Cherokee ended up on four wheels and all 4 of the people inside of the xj were unhurt. Maybe that's why I love Cherokees so much. A roll cage would still be a good idea though.