XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Iron Man long arm kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Default Iron Man long arm kit

I searched and search and can't find any info on the Iron Man long arm kits. Have an XJ and want to know about this kit on an XJ.

Anybody run them?

What do you think about them?

Only kit I haven't seen any info about. The owner races a ZJ in ECORS and it seems with that abuse he probably knows how to make stuff.

Matt
Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

I run ironman Andy's long arms on my xj. It's an understatement when he says they are overbuilt and for what they are they are underpriced. I also really like his tapered bushing setup. I think they aren't extremely popular because you have to make or buy a crossmember. I built mine and it was no big deal. Give him a call he's a great guy and will answer any questions.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM

Year: 1998

Originally Posted by fox128
I run ironman Andy's long arms on my xj. It's an understatement when he says they are overbuilt and for what they are they are underpriced. I also really like his tapered bushing setup. I think they aren't extremely popular because you have to make or buy a crossmember. I built mine and it was no big deal. Give him a call he's a great guy and will answer any questions.
Yeah did they use to sale a cross member? I see they don't now. That is what will kill this I don;t want to build a crossmember. I

Thanks for the input.

Matt
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000

As far as I know he never has sold an x member. Call or email him and he can tell you where you can buy x members that work with his arms
Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

He's been redoing his longarm kit for the XJ. He will now be selling his longarm kit with a Rubicon Exprees cross member. Total longarm kit with RE cross member will run about $1,000 is what he told me last time I talked to him. He was offering to do (4) Beta testers for his kit for $800 bucks to get things dialed in but after that the kit would run close to a grand. He does AMAZING Work and like stated before saying his stuff is OVERBUILT is an Understatement. You could drop a Bomb on his stuff and it would still hold together. Lol. But ya when he gets everything worked out I will be buying his Longarm kit to upgrade my cherokee.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:17 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999

This is the E-Mail I got directly from Andy himself. When asking him about his longarm kit with cross member.

We have actually discontinued our cross member as well... I hate it. I only made it as a response for folks that were driving me nuts for one. I am currently testing kits using the Rubicon express cross member kit. It is a full skid design but still a 3 peice cross member. My current price for testers is 800.00 shipped for everything. The catch is that I send you the cross member, you install it. Give me your lift and measurement height and eye to eye measurement from the frame mount for the long arms to the axle. I will make them from there. If you are interested let me know I am only doing this with 4 x-members the final price will most likely be around 1000.00 for everything.

This is happening right now first come first serve. If you want in let me know ASAP
Andy.

Then I told him I had to scrape up some money first so I wouldn't be able get the money together fast enough to be one of his Beta Testers so I'd have to wait until he starts selling the complete kits for a grand. And this is the next E-Mail I got back from him.

Well keep your eyes open for this when we carry it for good. Thanks
Andy.

Last edited by aquickmopar; 07-07-2012 at 01:24 PM.