Sponsored by: DashLynx

I want this one!!! my first jeep...maybe

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default I want this one!!! my first jeep...maybe

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/3314648809.html

I emailed the man and he says everything is solid. heres what his email says: Chris, Great questions. Yes its 4 Wheel Drive and the transmission works great. Tires are Good Year Wrangler and have been fairly recently purchased. They have a great deal of life ahead of them. No funny noises. Paints in great shape as is the overall body. I would say IF you wanted to put discretionary dollars into the Jeep I would say a set of shocks.

Here's the deal. I'm a Dad of two sons. I purchased his vehicle for them and am a safety nut. I took the vehicle to Chrysler after we purchased it and had them go through the vehicle. I am sure I paid too much but they went through the car and did whatever they thought needed to be done. It has been extremely reliable. We simply don't need the vehicle anymore as my sons are in and out of college.

I would be happy to discuss this or if you desire to take it for a ride let me know. I can be reached at...

Okay any input?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Engine: 4.0

sounds too good to be true. if all that info checks out jump on it before someone else does. that's a good looking jeep for a fair price. see if he'll come down to $2700 I'd be very happy with that price
Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO Straight Six

Yeah that seems like a good deal. Get his number and go check it out as soon as he can. Get it if it all checks out.

Just a note, when somebody says "fairly recently" when it comes to tires, I'd guess they are a couple years old.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

jump on it, good deal as I mentioned in my thread where you asked.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:19 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 2.5 td

Sounds like a genuine seller, jeep looks good, can not comment on price though, different pricing for thirsty vehicles here.
If all has been checked out by stealership, that can;t be a bad thing.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:44 AM
Seasoned Member

His wording reminds me of a Nigerian scanner but go look at it if its real.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:21 PM

okay so i went and looked at it today and put a deposit down. there were a few dings and some rust spots but nothing major. I got him down to 2700. The lift won't open either. I gave him a $50 deposit and signed to buy it for 2700. Im thinkng 2500 may have been better seeing how we agreed on here 27 was a fair deal before knowing about the small rust spots and the ding on the front end. Overall it is still solid. It has needed a good amount of maintainence as docuemented. It seems normal but I won't be able to afford too many repairs through winter if any. Any comments?
Old 10-20-2012, 03:26 PM

And thank you everybody for you input thus far. It was inspected 2 weeks ago as well. This guy has 2 other Jeeps as well, newer ones. So it seems like he knows his Jeeps and he seems trustworthy. Although I don't like to trust people regardless. IM a college student and i want to put my mustang away for the winter time. Then maybe sell one vehicle come spring or both or neither lol.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:43 PM

AC does not work but is not a big deal. i don't run the AC but still... I do know somebody who recommended I buy a Jeep for the winter. They said the know somebody who is a guru when it comes to jeeps. so i may be able to save on labor. I always get nervous when dealing with money. this is student loan money too... = extra scary.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Looks like a fair price and a good Jeep.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:47 PM

MY step father said i shouldn't hve bought it. He says put snowtires on the mustang but id rather not. He says 4x4 are expensive maintenence and I overpaid. Im not sure if hes mad becuase i didnt' buy his blazer or not. I did my homework and my brain told me not to buy the blazer and buy the JEEP instead. Okay im shutting my computer down before i go into a panic attack with my ruminating thoughts.... I HAVE ADHD LOL..
Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 2.5 td

Originally Posted by JEEPsoonITHINK
MY step father said i shouldn't hve bought it. He says put snowtires on the mustang but id rather not. He says 4x4 are expensive maintenence and I overpaid. Im not sure if hes mad becuase i didnt' buy his blazer or not. I did my homework and my brain told me not to buy the blazer and buy the JEEP instead. Okay im shutting my computer down before i go into a panic attack with my ruminating thoughts.... I HAVE ADHD LOL..
You made the right move mate, what do father in laws know?
Enjoy!
Old 10-20-2012, 04:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Sound like a good deal. I probaby would've gone a little lower on the price, but still, it doesn't sound like you got robbed. The hatch could be an easy fix as it's usually just the pull rod inside of it that needs adjusting.

As for buying the blazer, be glad you didn't. They really are junk compared to a XJ.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L i6

I think the Jeep is a good find, and you can't worry about the purchase price too much. It's just the start, potentially. The bigger issue is that you're short on money and are a student. You might need to spend a load of money on this car. You just don't know. I'd have a mechanic look it over and tell you of any impending issues. One can easily drop $3000+ into any used car they buy, if they want to really sort it out well.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Yeah good thing you picked the Jeep over the Chevy.