Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6
Default i must have pissed off my jeep.

So today, I woke up with an angry jeep. it all started when I started out my day with the commute to college. Started her up took off, and check engine light. yay. got to the gas pump and did a little look around while i was pumping. found that my o2 sensor wire had goten tangled in the driveshaft and ripped off of the sensor. mmm okay i can deal with that later. go on bout my way.Then I smell coolant. get to USM, and it's steamin but not over heating. open the hood, hole in my heater hose. I already had kind of low coolant so it sat there and pissed it all out over the ground. ok, no problem. I have hoses at home ill just duct tape it good, fill it with water and limp it home. WRONG! I close the hood and go to my first class. after class, I come down with some duct tape on my 15 minute break. tape the holes up real nice. Then after the next class come down with 4 liters of water. go to open the hood....wait....it's not working. hmm. okay hood cable is junk and came off under the hood, not at the lever. okay, so i get a ride home and get home round 8pm. get some real coolant, some tools, and the hose I need. get back to the jeep around 10:30pm. after 45 minutes of screwing around, I get the passenger side of the hood popped. Then I wedge the hood up enough to push the lever to pop the driverside. change hoses fill with coolant. turn on.... wait, there was 2 holes. I checked the old hose to make sure I got the right one. that one had a hole and now the radiator hose has a hole too. yay. so I duct tape the hell outa the hole. It holds it the best it can put still was pissin a little coolant. had to stop 2 times to let cool and refil on my 25 miles drive. and now it's 12:33 am. I knew I shouldn't have waved back to that wrangler
Old 10-24-2012, 12:11 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0

sorry to hear that. it seems like when one thing goes wrong everything goes wrong at the worst time
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
CF Veteran

Received 247 Likes on 206 Posts
Year: 1988
Engine: I6 4.0

Wow, i didn't know jeeps can have pms issues. It must of gotten really jealous of you waving to that wrongler
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

One jealous jeep!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 inline 6

Originally Posted by unidentifiedbomb
Wow, i didn't know jeeps can have pms issues. It must of gotten really jealous of you waving to that wrongler
yea they get super jealous and tend to be very passive aggressive.....

so today, on a serious note, I decided to to a whole bunch of work while I had it apart. I did the water pump(didnt need it but its got 180k on it), all new hoses, new thermostat, new hood latch and cable, flushed it, new belt. then, while I still had it in the shop, decided to adjust rear brakes. the adjusters are both coroded pretty bad. so I see a full brake job in my near future. I also did my neutral safety switch(I've had it by-passed for 6 months now). and then I did the o2 sensor. So now I should be all set at least for a little while.