I got Scared Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 99
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

So I'm 16, got my license 2 days ago. I have been waiting to test out my Jeep with some Offroading for what feels like forever. Yet, the shaft that connects the 4x4 is gone thanks to the PO so no four wheel drive. Theres absolutely NO trails in my city btw. So Today I got bored and gathered some friends to chill with. We went to a local Baseball field and while sitting there I noticed a pile of sand... >
Figured I could do it so I went for it and got immediately stuck in what seemed to be the worlds softest sand. After spinning the tires for a good 30 seconds a man came running up on the phone with the cops. Cussed me out and got my tag number. I felt so hopeless. Two of the people I was with took off into the woods. Lol Sooo I went to the back of my Jeep and got my handi dandy E-tool. (folding spade) Dug in the sand and got my friend to put it in reverse. For some reason the Dude had a nice moment and helped me push. So I got out and the guy said never to come back. One less place to go in this dog gone city... Here's a pic btw, sad, I know..
Attached Thumbnails I got Scared Today-image-608293905.jpg   I got Scared Today-image-3671516392.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

Never wheel on private property. It makes us all look bad.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 99

Originally Posted by Bustedback
I really wasn't wheeling, I was turning around and figured Instead of backing up I'll just go straight over the pile. Bad idea, never again. Lesson learned
Old 05-05-2012, 05:30 PM

Year: 1991

Dude always try to avoid sand thats the easiest way to get stuck and 4lo wont do any good when your tires are buried.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: Check

Originally Posted by studmuffin
Dude always try to avoid sand thats the easiest way to get stuck and 4lo wont do any good when your tires are buried.
He doesnt have 4wd...said so in his post...
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
AoA

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.2L bored out 4.0L I6

private property? a pile of sand next to what looks like a parking lot and small driveway access for the baseball field really is some crazy wheeling that ruins everything that gives us ALL a bad name? lol ok im sure this kid really ruined alot for everyone across the country!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:55 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: I6

Happens to wveryone wig there first vehicle nether they'll admit it or not. Live and leann you gotta no what she can do. Rule one don't go in sand without lots of momentum on street tires. I went through a old farm field that was tilled. And I was 2wd and had to creep thru a 300 yard long field till I hit grass lol. Get that front shaft replaced now an lift her and get some mts
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by XJ BoSS
Happens to wveryone wig there first vehicle nether they'll admit it or not. Live and leann you gotta no what she can do. Rule one don't go in sand without lots of momentum on street tires. I went through a old farm field that was tilled. And I was 2wd and had to creep thru a 300 yard long field till I hit grass lol. Get that front shaft replaced now an lift her and get some mts
Have you ever used a thing called spell check ?
Old 05-06-2012, 12:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1989

This. It's some ones property.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

hook up with a local jeep club. it's the best thing that can ever happen to you right now.
they will teach you the way.... and where all the trails are.

never go out alone. first rule.

and yeah, everything in the city is owned by someone.
crown land is the only legal use. unless you have direct permission from the land owner.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:02 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: I6

Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

Have you ever used a thing called spell check ?
Have u ever heard of auto correct on a icrap
Old 05-06-2012, 10:25 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1991
Engine: 2001 4.0L

Originally Posted by zombie jeep101
So I'm 16, got my license 2 days ago. I have been waiting to test out my Jeep with some Offroading for what feels like forever. Yet, the shaft that connects the 4x4 is gone thanks to the PO so no four wheel drive. Theres absolutely NO trails in my city btw. So Today I got bored and gathered some friends to chill with. We went to a local Baseball field and while sitting there I noticed a pile of sand... >
Figured I could do it so I went for it and got immediately stuck in what seemed to be the worlds softest sand. After spinning the tires for a good 30 seconds a man came running up on the phone with the cops. Cussed me out and got my tag number. I felt so hopeless. Two of the people I was with took off into the woods. Lol Sooo I went to the back of my Jeep and got my handi dandy E-tool. (folding spade) Dug in the sand and got my friend to put it in reverse. For some reason the Dude had a nice moment and helped me push. So I got out and the guy said never to come back. One less place to go in this dog gone city... Here's a pic btw, sad, I know..
Originally Posted by zombie jeep101
I really wasn't wheeling, I was turning around and figured Instead of backing up I'll just go straight over the pile. Bad idea, never again. Lesson learned

I will admit when I was young, I did stupid things like this. Only difference is, I didnt tell the entire world about it on the internet!!(guess I just did, but I didnt give specifics)....Just gives more ammo for those who already hate us wheelers.

This is the best advise given........

''hook up with a local jeep club. it's the best thing that can ever happen to you right now.
they will teach you the way.... and where all the trails are.

never go out alone. first rule.

and yeah, everything in the city is owned by someone.
crown land is the only legal use. unless you have direct permission from the land owner. "

Last edited by MallCrawlXJ; 05-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AoA

private property? a pile of sand next to what looks like a parking lot and small driveway access for the baseball field really is some crazy wheeling that ruins everything that gives us ALL a bad name? lol ok im sure this kid really ruined alot for everyone across the country!
If it's at a ballpark then it's probably city property and any sort of wheeling (even on just a pile a sand) is considered destruction of private property and those things do in fact hurt our sport.

Rule #1. Wheel legal (this includes not drinking while wheeling. Save for when you're around the campfire). Don't go where you don't have permission to go.
Rule #2. Tread lightly. Pick up not only your trash but the trash that others inevitably leave behind. Wheel on existing trails. Don't "blaze your own trail. Whatever trail/beach/field you're on/in, don't tear it up.
Rule #3. Don't wheel alone. Join a club. Go with friends that know what they're doing. Have more than one vehicle present. Make sure others know where you'll be.

Last edited by no rdplz; 05-06-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: The legendary inline 6, haven't done anything here yet

Originally Posted by AoA

Hahaha x2
Old 05-06-2012, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

I don't think he was really wheeling, just got excited like we all do when we first get a jeep and found and excuse to go through something that he, in hindsight, probably shouldn't have.

For sure that sort of thing is going to **** people off, but if he hadn't gotten stuck I don't think anyone would have even noticed.

On the other hand, if that big pile of sand was in my front yard and this happened late at night you might meet my mossburg till I figured out what was going on.

Quick Reply: I got Scared Today