Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

here is another im considering buying for $4600????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default here is another im considering buying for $4600????

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3839243410.html

Old 06-01-2013, 10:49 PM

he says 235,000 miles. motor was rebuilt at 188,000 and tranny at 225,000.
seems like a great buy to me! i will be using as my daily driver + toy =)
Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 HO

I dont know prices around your area but around here that's a $2500 jeep at the most. Its clean there are just so many available there is no resale value.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM
CF Veteran

Excellent
$2,995

KBB
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by BatmanXJ
Excellent
$2,995

KBB
both motor and tranny are rebuilt. how can you put a bb value on it? with all of those new parts too??
Old 06-02-2013, 12:10 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by purplfarm
both motor and tranny are rebuilt. how can you put a bb value on it? with all of those new parts too??
You don't you look at is as it has been problematic/or abused. The old saying is you never get out of it what you have put into it.

Here are a few from around here

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3842931842.html
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3805681660.html
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3822929878.html
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3835778603.html
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/3797703247.html
Old 06-02-2013, 12:28 AM
CF Veteran

That's a $2000-2500 XJ imo, not worth what he is asking. All the aftermarket parts and rebuilt parts don't add to the value, I even look at lifted Jeeps as being worth less than a stock Jeep because its a lot more likely a lifted Jeep has been wheeled and abused more than one that is stock. But that's just me.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:00 AM

hmm...
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 250 Likes on 168 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Personally, I would never pay that much for something that was wheeled as such. Putting up photos in your forsale ad of you vehicle offroad is a bit stupid if you ask me.

And the "rebuild" is arbitrary without paper work. Make sure he has stacks and stacks of paper work and if he does, call the shop that did the work. If he did it himself, then it's his word above all else. Thus, too expensive.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Battle
Personally, I would never pay that much for something that was wheeled as such. Putting up photos in your forsale ad of you vehicle offroad is a bit stupid if you ask me.

And the "rebuild" is arbitrary without paper work. Make sure he has stacks and stacks of paper work and if he does, call the shop that did the work. If he did it himself, then it's his word above all else. Thus, too expensive.
when buying used cars nothing sucks more than people who waste your time by not simply making all info available about the vehicle. including pictures. this is not stupid. it is honest. after all of the b.s. i've been through in the past week or so i'm def willing to pay a little more for a good solid buy with peace of mind.

that said, i agree with you. the rebuild is arbitrary without paperwork that can be backed up with references.

man, i drove from phoenix to tucson the other day (about two hours drive) to look at a vehicle for sale. oh boy! i'm talking full on police sting operation on a "curb dealer" who was misrepresenting cars with fake documents! i attempted to show up to a fake address that showed up on mapquest. the guy came and met me claiming the addresses were just "weird" in this neighborhood. jumped out of the car and the smell of fresh spray paint filled my nose. the entire car was spray painted white!! hahaha. the wheels and RUBBER were spray painted black!!!! he had receipts claiming he was the original owner. i ran carfax and found out the car had been stolen, salvaged, DISMANTLED TITLE (cars are not allowed on the road once a dismantled title is issued in AZ), the title had record of being "washed," the odometer had been rolled back, it was a rental, 11 previous owners, 3 states, accidents!! literally the worst carfax i have seen. i called the police. tried to set him up but he got wise and didn't show up. i did background checks on him and found his huge rap sheet. he was arrested in december for "theft by misrepresent!" i placed all of his info on craigslist (including is probation officers name and phone number ) i received an email from somebody claiming that the same exact thing happened to them-accept they drove around for a while trying to find the fake address and bumped into the car listed for sale at his residence. sitting next to that car were two other cars...guess what? with fresh white paint and painted black tires. now he has had me blacklisted from craigslist for posting his personal information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy is a real professional criminal. it would make for a great movie!
the really messed up thing about all of this is that about one week ago i brought home a jeep liberty renegade and found out the odometer had been rolled back 100,000 miles!!! i threatened the guy with the cops and he gave me all of my money back. i had no idea how common these crooks are.
what a f'ing nightmare.

so, i totally agree with you about doing your homework. it is important. i would recommend that everyone out there always do carfax/autocheck reports everytime. if the seller won't give up the VIN and good pics before you go look then simply move on.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 AM

when buying used cars nothing sucks more than people who waste your time by not simply making all info available about the vehicle. including pictures. this is not stupid. it is honest. after all of the b.s. i've been through in the past week or so i'm def willing to pay a little more for a good solid buy with peace of mind.

that said, i agree with you. the rebuild is arbitrary without paperwork that can be backed up with references.

man, i drove from phoenix to tucson the other day (about two hours drive) to look at a vehicle for sale. oh boy! i'm talking full on police sting operation on a "curb dealer" who was misrepresenting cars with fake documents! i attempted to show up to a fake address that showed up on mapquest. the guy came and met me claiming the addresses were just "weird" in this neighborhood. jumped out of the car and the smell of fresh spray paint filled my nose. the entire car was spray painted white!! hahaha. the wheels and RUBBER were spray painted black!!!! he had receipts claiming he was the original owner. i ran carfax and found out the car had been stolen, salvaged, DISMANTLED TITLE (cars are not allowed on the road once a dismantled title is issued in AZ), the title had record of being "washed," the odometer had been rolled back, it was a rental, 11 previous owners, 3 states, accidents!! literally the worst carfax i have seen. i called the police. tried to set him up but he got wise and didn't show up. i did background checks on him and found his huge rap sheet. he was arrested in december for "theft by misrepresent!" i placed all of his info on craigslist (including is probation officers name and phone number ) i received an email from somebody claiming that the same exact thing happened to them-accept they drove around for a while trying to find the fake address and bumped into the car listed for sale at his residence. sitting next to that car were two other cars...guess what? with fresh white paint and painted black tires. now he has had me blacklisted from craigslist for posting his personal information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy is a real professional criminal. it would make for a great movie!
the really messed up thing about all of this is that about one week ago i brought home a jeep liberty renegade and found out the odometer had been rolled back 100,000 miles!!! i threatened the guy with the cops and he gave me all of my money back. i had no idea how common these crooks are.
what a f'ing nightmare.

so, i totally agree with you about doing your homework. it is important. i would recommend that everyone out there always do carfax/autocheck reports everytime. if the seller won't give up the VIN and good pics before you go look then simply move on.

...also i learned to always google the phone numbers listed in the ad's. if a bunch of other cars come up for sale your are dealing with a "curb dealer" and your best bet is to move on.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:46 AM

how about this one?? costs even more, lol.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/3843176307.html
Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 AM
CF Veteran

$3000 MAX and that's if they're insanely clean.

Lifts and parts rarely add value to a vehicle. The second one, the fact that the guy thinks his roof rack warrants an extra $500 or thinks his vehicle in general is an equal trade for a full size pickup is just laughable.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0

just find a stocker with the factory options you want. i would never buy a vehicle somebody else has messed with. peace of mind is worth more than a few upgrades to me.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:44 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If he doesn't have the paper from a reputable shop that did the rebuilds, run.

Quick Reply: here is another im considering buying for $4600????