Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help for choosing 2017 Grand Cherokee options...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help for choosing 2017 Grand Cherokee options...

Greetings from Oregon. We are going to replace our 2004 Chev Tahoe at some point. 2017 Grand Cherokee seems to fit the bill. Dealer did not have a printed brochure. I sent away for one.

Looking online, the Laredo E 4x4 seems to fit the bill....but salesman said the upgrades we wanted, i.e., heated seats for driver and passenger AND power seats for both driver and passenger....not available. I need to upgrade to another trim. I was late for an appointment and left without further chat. What trim level do we need to do this ?

I think we will have to spend about $40K. We are old fuddy duddys in our 70's and no need for off-roading Just a nice riding SUV and AWD when we get snow here in southern Oregon.....2 - 10 times a year. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

When you send away for a brochure you'll get a Jeep full-line brochure. Seems Jeep has stopped sending out model-specific brochures to save money.

The Laredo "E" DOES offer heated cloth front seats (you DO have to get an optional package to get them, however), so maybe your salesperson didn't know what he/she was talking about. He/she just wants to upsell.

But if you're spending $40k you may as well upgrade to the Altitude... you get leather, 20inch wheels, and a few other goodies for right around the price you want to spend.

Another option is to go used and look for a 2014-16 model... my dad had a 2005 Grand Cherokee Laredo with all the options that we bought new. After 211k miles it was time for a replacement. We got a nicely-optioned (navigation, sunroof, and 20" wheels) 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 with 53k miles on the odometer for just over $27k. The truck in particular was just over $41k when it was new, and was well taken care of... look around and see what you can find.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:12 PM

Thanks, I may not have explained myself clearly to the salesperson....don't think he was trying to up sell. I like cloth seats....but DW likes leather. She always likes a new vehicle....but I will see about a dandy used one.

Some reviews I have seen indicate people LOVE the G-Cherokee.....but it has a history of mechanical problems. I asked the finance guy about a 7yr/75K MaxCare factory contract and he said zero deductible $2154.....$100 deductible $1616. Off hand this sounds OK to me. Any thoughts on this warranty ?
Old 12-16-2016, 01:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you look at toyota and honda,Don't get me wrong i love the older jeeps but the newer ones have been on the least reliable car brands list for a few years lately.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:32 PM

Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander....are on our list to consider. Our replacement needs to be close to the same dimensions as our 2004 Tahoe (16 feet long).