Hello from Buko

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Hello from Buko

Hello everybody, I just joined the cherokee forum and thought I would start a thread. I bought a 1998 Cherokee Sport in May 2014. This rig is my workhorse, it does all the dirty work as my 2011 RT Challenger and 91 Vette enjoy the garage. Got me through a tough Jersey winter with no problem. 4WD works great!

It is fully loaded, dark metallic green with tan interior. 177k miles on the clock. Engine and trans run flawless. Oil pressure is at 20 when idle hot and over 40 when driving. Paid $2700 from a dealer. With that said I replaced the following.

Motor Mounts, full exhaust with cat, O2 sensors, crank position sensor, new radiator, Kumho road ventures, and windshield.

It cleans up really nice. The trim was badly discolored so I sprayed it with plastidip. Came out nice but you need to be careful when peeling off the tape. I may hit it again with another coat when I get a chance.

My general questions to anybody kind enough to answer is what are the best spark plugs to use for a tune up? What is the best oil to use for the 4.0 engine? I may do upper control arms and ball joints soon. Any tips or recommendations? Any good setups on rockauto? I live in North Jersey.

Regards to all.
Buko!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 07:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Welcome to the forum!

Hello from Buko-image-2906392470.jpg