Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Happy New Year

Got up this morning and took my swollen head out to the garage to install my new 1.5 inch Synergy spacers.

Yeah, yeah, yeah but I like my stock wheels. Moreover, I have two sets with different tires for depending on what I'm up to.

Anyhoo I put the first one on and was disturbed to see this after making sure everything seated properly and torqued.

Now I have no experience with these spacers and the last time I used anything like it was in 72 on a VW bug to adapt to a chevy rim.

I measured the nut and it's 7/8" deep. As near as I can measure using a screw driver and marking the depth to the stud when installed I have a little over 1/2" thread engagement.

I have a hardware store grade 8 1/2 x 20 nut and if I measure that it's exactly 1/2" so I'm getting at least that amount of engagement but can't help feeling something is a miss here.

I'll reach out to Synergy when there open on Monday but wanted to see if others have seen this.

The last time I installed hardware that wasn't fully engaged like this was on a bicycle and that didn't go well.