GO-15 Engine Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default GO-15 Engine Treatment

So I was at this open event to show off the vehicles for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. While I was walking around I stopped at both for Go-15 Engine Treatment. Has anyone ever heard of this stuff?

Supposedly it "creates a chemical condition known as boundary lubrication. GO-15 uses heat and friction to produce a thermal reaction with the metal surface being treated and does not remain in the primary lubricant, as other so-called additives do."

Claims increased horsepower, reduced temperatures reduced emissions and better mileage. The rep I talked to said pollution is down 50% in the big rigs they run this stuff in and on his 2000 WJ 4.0 went from 14 to 17 city mpg.

http://www.engineous.us/go15/

Any thoughts?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997 & 1998
Engine: 4.0

I've always been dubious on additives and have found only a couple that work in any way as they claim. The lion's share of them are nothing but snake oil.

I will give them this. At least they give full disclosure of their testimonial's sources. That may lend some credence to them being real ones. I hate when you see testimonial letters on sites that came from Doug S. from parts unknown and the like. How can anyone in their right mind think that these are real and credible.

Price wise, this stuff is not outrageous compared to other additives. It's only a few bucks more expensive than Lucas, definitely cheaper than Z-Max, so trying it is not a wallet buster. I'd be curious to know if it works myself. Knowing what I know about lubrication in an internal combustion engine, if this stuff really does as it claims, I'd buy it for all three of our vehicles and my mc without hesitation. I'm just not sure if I want to be the guinea pig or not. Hey, I'm a born skeptic.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

That is basically where I am at in my thinking right now. I am not that knowledgeable on the subject, but is what they are claiming even feasible? There is almost nothing online about the stuff that I have been able to find.