First Winter With WJ GC

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L i6 PowerTech
Default First Winter With WJ GC

Hey guys! New to this site, but ever since I got my license I've always wanted a Jeep so I've always seen posts on here. Love the discussions. One big family! Anyways, I just picked up my first Jeep! It's a 2002 Grand Cherokee with the 4.0L PowerTech. 91k miles, rides like a dream. I love it. Whole family has Jeeps; Dad has an 09 Rubicon. Mom has an 06 GC. I'm looking for advice on what to do to prepare for the winter. Connecticut can have some pretty harsh winters. Cold, rainy, and of course snowy. I'm planning on getting all of my fluids changed at the end of October. Any recommendations on your personal favorite oils, oil filters, tranny fluids, etc? Coming from an 06 Saturn... Lol. So glad I upgraded big time. I'd love to get feedback on personal best oils and what not. This spring I plan on lifting it a bit, not too much. Also planning on getting nice new rims and tires. So much potential with Jeeps and I love it. Within the next year or two I also plan on buying my dads Rubicon as he's getting a new SRT-8. Thanks guys! Let me know suggestions on oil types and weight, tranny fluids, etc. Take care!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:44 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Model: Cherokee

On oil filters wix and napa gold are the only ones i would use,Stay far away from fram filters they cause oil pressure problems at start up.On oil everyone has their own favorite brand use whatever the owners manual says it needs.