Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

Finding the Blue Jeep. CHECK THIS OUT!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding the Blue Jeep. CHECK THIS OUT!

Well so far i own 2 jeeps now, Of coarse there both cherokees. My black 4x4 88 XJ (R.I.P) Is not running and am using it for mainly parts, and my 93 XJ "COUNTRY" 2wd as my DD. My 93 is in pretty bad condition, Paint is bad, Motor is bad, First it over heats when it ever it wants to, second it burns wayy to much oil due to the bad piston rings. Its just not in any condition to become a off roading RIG. I just use it to get back and forth to school and work ( Iv only took it mudding once, and almost got stuck). So iv been kinda looking for another XJ to use as my DD and my RIG, And i finally found my Dream XJ Yesterday afternoon Thrown in some dudes back yard. Heres the story... Yesterday around 3:30, Me, my dad and a couple of his work buddies were heading home from a deep sea fishing trip. They decided to take the back streets home. Anyways While we where driving down some road iv never been on, one of my dads budds noticed that they where selling some Semi truck tires on some front lawn. So they stopped, got down and went to go check them out. I was tired as hell and just wanted to get home. The place we were at looked like a little junk yard, it had lots of junk in the front, and there was a fence in the back, so i decided to go take a pee on the side of the fence before we left, so while i was peeing, i looked up and noticed some cars coverd in grass where parked in the back behind the fence and wanted to check them out. I walked back behind the fence, saw a couple of old truck and cars thrown there, But while i was heading back, On the corner of my eye, I saw it....... I saw the shiny Blue Jeep Cherokee sitting there parked on a huge pile of tall grass. My mouth droped, and i stood there for about a minute just staring at it, till i walked up to it. The paint looked Brand new, it was so shiny, it had no scrathes, no dents, no rust. It has the factory rims with the factory rim center cap that says JEEP. The inside looked so clean, no tears,no stains on the seats nore carpet. The dash looked great. The windows have factory tint. I ran to my dad and was like YOU NEED TO COME SEE THIS. He walked up to it and was just like WOW. We asked the man what was wrong with the jeep, he told us he took the tranny out becuase the fly wheel cracked, and dident have time to mess with it. He said the engine runs like a charm, that he personatly drove it. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he said........ $500. I said HELL YES!! My dad was like, Your getting that jeep no matter what. We'll just put the tranny from your 88 on it and make it a 4x4, were picking it up next week. i was like i have to dreaming. So yeah, i dident take any pics since i was freaking out bout the jeep. But i am going tommarow to go check it out some more and take some pics to show yall. Let me know what yall think.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L MPI V8 (318)

500$? Buy it. Just be sure to check it out REALLY good beforehand.

Last edited by CherokeeCountry; 04-04-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
500$? Buy it. Just be sure to check it out REALLY good beforehand.
Oh yeah am buying it, I woulda bought it right there but had no money on me.