Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A few videos I made. Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0
Default A few videos I made. Suggestions?

Just got my GoPro an this is my first shot at editing anyone have any suggestions? I was using windows movie maker but have since gotten adobe primier 9. Critique away please.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee

awesome videos man. its hard to find good wheelin vids but i enjoyed those. i wanna get a gopro soon i think makin wheelin vids is cool. any ways great videos i look forward to maybe seeing more
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 93 2 door
Model: Cherokee

I really like haste the day. but I cant stand an off road video with a song with lyrics. had to turn the sound off
excellent job on the second video. the song is supposed to subtly compliment the video and it was perfect. quieter music louder engines

Last edited by Atmos; 03-01-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Nicely done! Most first edits don't turn out as well as this one. Few things I've learned over the years with editting...
-On the first video, match the video and music. Most offroad vids you want to stay away from lyrics and just have the music. Makes the selection harder, but the results can be amazing (like your 2nd vid).
-With music, match your transitions to it. If the music is hard edged and has sharp breaks, then the simple straight transition works well. If the music fades, do the same with the video. On the first vid, at the end, cut out some of the front end of the FJ and have the image fade out with the music.
-camera angles. Most were great. The gopro is a little harder to to the fish eye lens, but work on variety and placement. Anytime you mount it, especially on a roof or bumper, make sure you're not getting half a screen of that roof or bumper.

Overall, really, really good. Keep playing with it learn your own editing style and improve techniques that need improving.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997

Originally Posted by no rdplz
Nicely done! Most first edits don't turn out as well as this one. Few things I've learned over the years with editting...
-On the first video, match the video and music. Most offroad vids you want to stay away from lyrics and just have the music. Makes the selection harder, but the results can be amazing (like your 2nd vid).
-With music, match your transitions to it. If the music is hard edged and has sharp breaks, then the simple straight transition works well. If the music fades, do the same with the video. On the first vid, at the end, cut out some of the front end of the FJ and have the image fade out with the music.
-camera angles. Most were great. The gopro is a little harder to to the fish eye lens, but work on variety and placement. Anytime you mount it, especially on a roof or bumper, make sure you're not getting half a screen of that roof or bumper.

Overall, really, really good. Keep playing with it learn your own editing style and improve techniques that need improving.
Thanks I did have a few pointers from a friend but not much. Working on a video of my car now that will have Alittle faster pace. Windows movie maker is limiting with what you can do. Hopefully the new editor I got will let me do more
Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Adobe is a really good program to use. Personally, I like Final Cut Pro, but it's pricey. I do a bunch of video editing so for me it was worth it.