Falken's newest a/t tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 03:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96
Model: Cherokee
Default Falken's newest a/t tire

Little over a year old. Falken Wild Peak A/T3W. Decent prices. Anyone tried them?

http://falkentire.com/tires/light-tr...dpeak/t3w-tire
Old 07-24-2017, 05:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by EZEARL
Little over a year old. Falken Wild Peak A/T3W. Decent prices. Anyone tried them?

I work at a tire shop and me and quite a few coworkers keep logs of reviews from people that come in for their rotations or whatnot to help future customers interested. The falkens are decent from the reviews gathered. We put the tires in 4 different "tiers" with tier 1 being excellent, top of the class tires, 2 being pretty good but not great, 3 being sercicable/will get you by, and 4 are bad tires that aren't recommended unless you are really budgeted or need something to just slap on for a bit.

the falkens are tier 2. They dont offer the performance to put them in tier 1 based on reviews, but they ride well, last a good bit, and are reasonably priced.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:03 PM
CF Veteran

Was hoping you'd check in. I think they messed up not offering the 235 in an LT version.

Got a question if you come back. Have certain tire prices gone up recently? Mainly the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 and the Grabber A/T2. Both in 235/75-15.

Last edited by EZEARL; 07-24-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:49 PM
CF Veteran

Was hoping you'd check in. I think they messed up not offering the 235 in an LT version.

Got a question if you come back. Have certain tire prices gone up recently? Mainly the Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 and the Grabber A/T2. Both in 235/75-15.
honestly, not many people but LT versions. It doesn'tseem to be in just in my area either. My boss takes a few of us to the big conventions he goes to, and in presentations from companies they detail what they are working on and sizes that won't be available anymore and a few companies state that LT tires just aren't profitable for them and will only be available in newer truck sizes, i.e. 17s and up. You can see the focus on this especially with nitto making their new 12 ply tire and many bigger companies expected to follow. I can understand them though, as most people don't want LT it seems, at least in my area since we don't sell them at a high rate.

as far as prices going up, it seems like most have gone up slightly across the board. Some are as low as $2 and some up to $15-$20. But most have definitely gone up after being stable for the past year, year and a half. Even older tires havr seen a slight increase

edit: let me add that that price increase I am seeing is based of our cost and not retail prices. Some places adjust for increase in prices diferently.

Last edited by Martlor13; 07-24-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 PM
CF Veteran

Well that settles my LT concern. No use producing something if it doesn't sell.

I've noticed with the Yokohama tires I posted about that certain online discount houses are only a few dollars under what I paid a few months ago for them mounted and balanced. They do ship for free though. I need to get a new set of Grabber A/T2"s within the next 4-6 weeks. I'll check local prices but will probably buy them online (first time ever for tires).
Old 07-24-2017, 08:39 PM
CF Veteran

Well that settles my LT concern. No use producing something if it doesn't sell.

I've noticed with the Yokohama tires I posted about that certain online discount houses are only a few dollars under what I paid a few months ago for them mounted and balanced. They do ship for free though. I need to get a new set of Grabber A/T2"s within the next 4-6 weeks. I'll check local prices but will probably buy them online (first time ever for tires).
oh yeah you will most definitely find a good deal online, just like with everyrhing else. Having worked for locally owned business, having friends that have their own, and the relationships you form with owners as a customer, most of my purchases are local. When i compare prices, therres usually a 10 to 15% difference. I may pay a bit more but its nice tobhave them their. Shopping is headed all online so i try to help keep them around.

we get alot of people that bring in tires theybgot themselves so buying them online shoukdnt be a worry. Just find a place with a good warranty because sone small sites are very hard to get a warrantyback on.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:23 AM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

I see they upped the treadwear warranty to 55k, up from 50k. Must have been to compete with cooper and toyo's warranty claim. i know a few folks running them who seem to like them. They look like a good all terrain weekend tire.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:56 AM
CF Veteran

This kind of impressed me. See post #2030:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...19869/page-102
Old 07-26-2017, 11:37 AM
CF Veteran

This kind of impressed me. See post #2030:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...19869/page-102
I would be interested in the terrain he was actually in. I'm always interested in this kind of stuff. From that picture it seems like mostly sandy stuff and no rock. Just from what i have heard from various people is that they get chopped up compared to other all terrain they ran.... but I would be cool with that haha since they seem to be good everywhere but mud. But mud is a nemesis to all all terrain haha
Old 07-26-2017, 12:07 PM
CF Veteran

This stuff interests me to. But I'll probably get another set of Grabber AT2's. With our roads chunking was one of my main concerns when getting my last set. None with the Grabbers. Here's another that caught my interest:
http://tirereviewsandmore.com/atturo...de-at-reviews/
Old 07-26-2017, 12:52 PM
CF Veteran

This stuff interests me to. But I'll probably get another set of Grabber AT2's. With our roads chunking was one of my main concerns when getting my last set. None with the Grabbers. Here's another that caught my interest:
http://tirereviewsandmore.com/atturo...de-at-reviews/
Atturo is not that bad for the price. At the shop though we tend to prefer the ironman brand. Both of these branfs are very low price, but we just have had more issues with atturo tires. Nothing specifically with the at, but the other tires like their mt are known to bubble on the sidewalk relatively quick.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:59 PM
CF Veteran

Received 89 Likes on 78 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Those are right up my alley. I like the look.

I have Hankook Dynapro ATMs on at the moment, and performance wise they have been pretty good (almost excellent). But I have never been entirely happy with the looks. They are a little tame in their appearance.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:07 PM
CF Veteran

Never has there been so many choices in tires. This is a good site to play around on:
http://tirereviewsandmore.com/car-tr...-tire-reviews/
Old 07-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: I6 4.0

I have them on my 96XJ Size is 235 75 15. I haven't taken them off road yet but as for on road they have been great. I would definitely purchase them again. My 95Xj with 4.5 lift is running dick cepek fun country size 33 12.50 15 I've been really happy with both the on and off road performance of them.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:54 PM
CF Veteran

Good to some positive reports. What rims you got on the '96?