Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A dreem come true....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, custom intake and breather, Mean Green Starter, Jeep (tm) flexplate
Default A dreem come true....

I was surprised when a family member bought me another current edition of JP magazine. I don't instantly look through them nor did I expect to find what I found. Boy, I wish I would have looked sooner LOL When I got to the Jeep Shots section - BAM - I don't know how to explain the feeling of it... I'll just show you -

turn the page...

Chalk one up to National Publication...
Old 03-17-2011, 01:36 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0
Default Congrats!

Didn't you know that is was going to be in the issue? Nice to see another police jeep still on the road!

Did yours have the actual police package or was it just used by them? Floor or colum shift? Was your interior stripped of all options? I would't mind seeing some pics of your interior...
Old 03-17-2011, 01:46 PM

Engine: 4.0L, custom intake and breather, Mean Green Starter, Jeep (tm) flexplate

The interior was bare essentials. I went to the local bone yard and picked out a couple must have's. Things like center console and the rear roof speakers. I did remove the front skid plate temprarily until I can get a few things done with the suspension (makes oil changes ALOT easier too. Might have pics somewhere - will try to locate
Old 03-17-2011, 01:56 PM

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0
Default Thank Heaven for the Bone Yards...

Originally Posted by JeepDreems
The interior was bare essentials. I went to the local bone yard and picked out a couple must have's. Things like center console and the rear roof speakers. I did remove the front skid plate temprarily until I can get a few things done with the suspension (makes oil changes ALOT easier too. Might have pics somewhere - will try to locate
I had to add the same plus I went ahead and got the nice grained dash bezel, opening vent windows, recovery hooks and skid plate and over head counsole...

What did you do with the hole in the console was where the floor mounted shifter would have been?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 PM

It has a floor shift already. The original short center console was kind of a joke. It looked REALLY out of place but graced by a Jeep logo and the rubbery factory cap for the e brake was just enough to cover the open hole. Definitely needed the changes. - when i can afford it - my FIRST issue to resolve is the interior floor. I have a leak somewhere, the floors are trying to rot out and the driver seat leans right about 6 degrees lol just enough to know it and be uncomfortable over any long distance.