Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999.
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0, I6
Default couple problems

first im still overheating. already replaced the thermostat so what would you guys try next? water pump or what is most likely to have gone?

also jeeps having trouble starting/runnings sometimes the engine just wont turn over and when it finally does the engine sputters it seems for awhile when i first drive it. i havta turn it off and start it again, any ideas? thanks guys
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999.
Engine: 4.0, I6

so since this has been happening for a few days now iv noticed a few things. only happens when the jeep has been running for awhile and is all heated up and the temp gauge is past the 210 mark. starts fine when it has been off for prolonged periods of time ie all night or while im at work or class. and if im out in the trails and havta turn it oiff to cool down it wont start up right away i needa wait 20-30 min for it to cool down, so im thinkin it has something to do with something over heating maybe? any input with this added info? a couple guys from my local jeep club are gonna look at it with me sometime this week ill post anything we find. also one of my buddies this it might be my fuel tank sending unit? my old one went and i had a new one just put in week ago and thats when all this started happening maybe that? or maybe just my radiator since it has to do with cooling down etc? idk im pretty lost at this point any input thoughts or ideas would be greatly appriciated thanks guys.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0 lt. 242 cu.in.

Have you checked to see if you have any coolant leaks? Could be water pump, but it could also be a lot of other things. You might just need your cooling system flushed, or you might need to replace stuff.