Sponsored by: DashLynx

cherokee + wedding

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 01:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 ho 99 intake ps pump 1" tb spacer 62mm bored tb eletric fans and more
Default cherokee + wedding

I’ll start with a little back ground me and my fiancé started dating officially September 8, 2011. but our first date was before that I took her in my jeep with doors off and a set of atv goggles to the sand dunes we went with my friends had a blast jumped the jeep pulled people out . Then very next day we went on a drive in the jeep (no doors) with 20 sports cars (bmws, s2000, s4s, 350z, c5 vette, etc.) and four motorcycles. We went to alse falls here in Oregon the falls were about 30miles from where we started. We enjoyed the drive.

Anyways after being together sense then we have done a lot together gone camping, hunting, play in the snow. I have put a rear bucket seat were the rear seat used to be right up against the cage to protect our 3 year old Giovanna who goes with me almost every time I go wheel now .

On January 1, 2013 I drove to the top of Mary’s peak here in Oregon (highest point in the coast range) my good friend brought his wrangler with him. The conditions were perfect blue sky’s no wind. The snow wasn’t the greatest and we ended up having to pull and direct vehicles most of the way up. Luckily for us past the staging area only one other rig had went on. We departed the staging area with a third rig Chevy duromax lifted on 35s. My plan was to get my jeep stuck and have my friend hook up with the winch to pull me out while doing that he would give me the ring and I would ask Jen to marry me. Almost everything fell into place perfectly we even caught it on a go pro. Except I got my jeep stuck to well we tied his jeep off to the Chevy then his 12,000lbs winch started to bog……. Then the jeep popped out. BTW she said yes!

Right now we are in the stages of planning the wedding and Jen has already has said that she wants the jeep to be are wedding car to leaving in of course I didn’t object.
My questions regard what I should do in planning for cleaning up the jeep. How to help her with getting into the jeep. What kind of photos we should plan with it. Suggestion in general for the wedding. I don’t know what questions to ask the wedding is an outdoor country them which means the jeep can play into it perfectly.

Anyone have their jeep in their wedding?

Jen and Giovanna
Old 05-26-2013, 02:42 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Congratulatins!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.0L upgraded charging system & blue top, flowmaster 44, hi flow cat and two core rad.

Congrats!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I-6

Cleanup? Go and get it muddy... Naw man, congrats. I moved home to Arkansas a few years ago but lived in Oregon for a while. I LOVE Alse Falls. One of my favorite campsites. Mary's Peak is cool too. I have a great foggy sunrise type photo from up there.
For the honeymoon, you should go over to Newport, camp at South Beach, go crabbing off the pier and have dinner at Mo's and don't forget the fresh homemade salt-water taffy from the place there on the waterfront (can't remember the name of the little shop). My wife and I used to do that for my birthday. Or maybe have lunch at Mo's and then cook the crab you caught earlier down on the beach (or at least your campsite).
Old 05-27-2013, 07:38 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0 ho 99 intake ps pump 1" tb spacer 62mm bored tb eletric fans and more

Originally Posted by scottmphoto
Cleanup? Go and get it muddy... Naw man, congrats. I moved home to Arkansas a few years ago but lived in Oregon for a while. I LOVE Alse Falls. One of my favorite campsites. Mary's Peak is cool too. I have a great foggy sunrise type photo from up there.
For the honeymoon, you should go over to Newport, camp at South Beach, go crabbing off the pier and have dinner at Mo's and don't forget the fresh homemade salt-water taffy from the place there on the waterfront (can't remember the name of the little shop). My wife and I used to do that for my birthday. Or maybe have lunch at Mo's and then cook the crab you caught earlier down on the beach (or at least your campsite).
whats funny is i know the taffy store your talking about seems like i can never remember the name but know right where its at lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L, sump guard, snorkel, LPG system, red and yellow top Optima batteries.

Congrats

My wife and I woke up on the morning of our wedding, cleaned and polished our jeep, wrenched on it together when the top tensioner pulley bearing collapsed. Then dressed her up in ribbons and a bow before driving to our wedding together.

cherokee + wedding-image-1012418356.jpg
Old 05-27-2013, 03:51 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0

That's awesome haha, congrats!!