Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Central California Pick-n-Pulls

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Central California Pick-n-Pulls

After wrecking my '98 XJ last week, I have been calling the local scrapyards to try and find parts. So far the only place that has answered the phone has no XJ's at all. Anybody in the Fresno-Bakersfield area know of any places to call? The main things I need are a Passenger side door, fender, and a header panel, and possibly a front axle.

Not sure if this is the right forum, if it is the wrong one feel free to move it elsewhere.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

http://www.picknpull.com/ you can do a search on here.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Damn. Row52.com only shows one XJ in Fresno. That's pretty weird.

If you can't find what you need at a DIY yard, you can also try car-part.com for the traditional salvage yards where they pull the parts for you. The search is a little unfriendly, but you can sort it by distance to see what's close by.

A lot of the listings on there don't have prices, or the prices are ridiculously high. In both cases you can spend some time on the phone finding out what they have and how much they want. Some of those prices are negotiable, and some of the ones without prices are surprisingly reasonable. Most of those yards will ship also, if you find something too far to drive to get.

Then again, you will also encounter some complete and total morons running some of those yards, so you have to be ready for that as well. But if you end up talking to a jackass on your first call, don't let it discourage you from continuing on. My first call looking for my axle connected me up with a guy who wouldn't even go check to see if it was the right axle unless I gave him a credit card to pay him a $6 "yard fee." Two calls later I found an 8.8 LSD with 4.10 gears just waiting for me to come get it, and I mentally offered that first guy the finger.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Look on craigslist for people parting out a xj or one that has a blown engine cheap.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Look on craigslist for people parting out a xj or one that has a blown engine cheap.
Also, if you want to search Craigslist in multiple locations at once (instead of town by town by town), Searchtempest.com works pretty well.