Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:27 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default bitten...again

Darn it, i tried to avoid the bug for at least a month and succeeded and then tried to go another month but failed miserably. I just ordered slotted performance rotors and pads and an aussie for the front. I didn't even get to wheel the dang thing yet The thought of only two tires spinning in the mud is very depressing so i had to prevent that before doing any other mod.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

you might want to avoid slotted rotors because they tend to get rocks and what not caught in them especially in the mud.

but the aussie is a very nice upgrade

-Kyle
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
you might want to avoid slotted rotors because they tend to get rocks and what not caught in them especially in the mud.

but the aussie is a very nice upgrade

-Kyle

Yeah i was worried about that when i got them for my tj last year but surprisingly didn't have any issues in the mud. They clean off well. I believe the drilled rotors are more of a problem cuz they have holes through them and mud surely will find a home in those holes.
At first the rotor's slots get caked in mud and then the heat dries that mud up and it falls off. We always rinse our rigs off in the lake when done so that cleans em off real good too. The difference in braking is amazing though. I ran 33's on my tj and my stock brakes were so bad at stopping that i nearly wrecked coming down a 2 mile grade. The new rotors/pads stopped my 33's on a dime and never overheated. This was with nearly bald rear shoes too.