XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ

another xj

Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default another xj

So after selling my beloved 90 2door 5spd xj and a momentary/costly lapses of judgement with a zj. I just got home with my new 88 4door I6 auto XJ. Picked up from a buddy who has had it for nine years, only putting 5k on it in that time. He had an issue with the coolant bottle blowing the cap and had enough.
Thanks to cruiser54 recommending the Volvo cap, got it up and running for 10 bucks and paided 400 hundred for it.
Tomorrow got to give it a bath, lot of green fuzz, and run through all the sensors.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 AM

Ok
Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 AM

Cool story bro!! ahahahah nah i know what its like to just wanna babble about your new found toy :P how about other than that simple fix? anything else that jumps out which could use a good update?

I know when i got my jeep I replaced the hoses to get it running solid and now im finding my switch is more or less dead ahhaha
Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
Cool story bro!! ahahahah nah i know what its like to just wanna babble about your new found toy :P how about other than that simple fix? anything else that jumps out which could use a good update?

I know when i got my jeep I replaced the hoses to get it running solid and now im finding my switch is more or less dead ahhaha
He told me the heater unit was screwed, but the vac line was disconnected to the ball under the bumper.
The only odd one I have found so far is that the stop for the drivers window isn't functioning. If you roll it all the way down it can go to far and I have to pull the door panel and give it a nudge.
Hoping to do the lift, re 4.5" with 32 in the near future.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM

Year: 98
Engine: 4.0 i6

How could anyone only put 5k miles in 9 years

Ive put that on my jeep in a little over a month but I do drive just to drive lol
Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM

The PO only used it in the winter when it snowed. And in western Washington it only snows for a week every winter. It also had a dw that scared the hell out of him, so he spent almost a grand rebuilding the front end and then parked it for the last year.