AJ's Offroad, RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default AJ's Offroad, RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

I hate to be this guy, but after my experience I have to share to keep anyone else from having to deal with the BS I have had to.

Ordered a rear tanker bump with tire carrier. All seemed good, paid a pretty penny for it but thought hey for quality I can accept paying. When I received the bumper issues started popping up with construction. Fitment wasn't right, some stuff that was supposed to be square or aligned wasn't even close. I took some photos and emailed them off to Duane at AJ's asap.

Well long story short, I identified about a half dozen different problems from small to pretty darn big, and sent photos of such issues. At one point I was even laughed at over the phone by Duane who held firm there was ZERO chance the bumper was off in any single way. He told me the only recourse I had was to return the bumper to him for a refund so he could turn around and sell this bogus bumper to some other poor schmuck.

Oh, and best part, return shipping on my dime, over $300 in return shipping! Purely not acceptable for something so wrong I couldn't even bolt it all the way up.

His only comeback, "my only other fitment problem was with a guy who's XJ was in a bad accident and was tweaked." And "they all come off a jig and they fit other XJ's just fine."

Well, for starters, anyone who has fabbed anything, who welds, or is just plain not an ***, knows a product is only as good as the jig, welds move and shrink, tight fitment prior to welding is everything, and after all is said and done, MISTAKES HAPPEN TO EVERYONE! Except AJ's. His skill is infallible.

Second, factory VIN stickers in ALL my rear body panels, no body filler anywhere, zero aftermarket seam seal, paint, etc, I could go on. I know more than enough to know how to spot a repaired car and my chassis is unmolested.

I suggested I would take the time to do necessary repairs to bring the bumper up to snuff and he could refund a portion of the cost and all would be good. Basically I was told to f&*^ off.

So on to the good stuff, take a look and tell me this product is perfect:

Yup, bolted up tight and both sides look like this

Nice square bolting plates dontchya think? Barely got two bolts through each plate.

Latch all the way down, WITH weight on tire carrier. Still doesn't line up.