94 Jeep questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5 4 Cylinder
Default 94 Jeep questions

Hello, I'm new to this forum sort of. I think I may of joined when I had my old 92 Cherokee but can't remember. anyway I just bought another jeep as my old one was wrecked in an accident not caused by me. anyway I have a couple questions with this jeep.

Power steering or some sort of hissing screaping noise.
The other night when I was in a drive thru i was idling not in gear or anything and it had been idling for a few minutes maybe about 5 and out of no where the jeep starts to make a humming screeching noise so i shut it off and all is fine till i start to drive and each time i steer it seems to quiet down. Now this morning I checked everything and all looks good but the power steering fluid so I'm going to go fill it in a bit to see if it stops making the noise but if i turn the wheel it seems to cause the engine to want to stall occasionally. at first the engine revs then any other time it just sounds like a drop in RPM's.

Cluster gauge change.
Alright this is minor but my old jeep which was an automatic had a RPM gauge and also oil and temp gauges. this one only has lights in places of those. say if i was to find a close in year Cherokee with those gauges could i switch them?

Speaker Placement.

On my old Cherokee it came with 4 speakers. two in the front doors and two in the gate. this one has two in the doors that work great but i noticed no sound out the back where there is slits in the panel of the gate so i pulled the panel off and found no speakers.. also no wires to it. is it possible to put 6x9'a or something bigger than a 5.25 which will fit as it has screw holes for those already, but i do know i have to wire it for speakers as it is, any tips on that.

ok so i know thats a lot and i'm hoping this is posted in the right spot on the forum but if anyone also knows any common problems with the 4 cylinder 5 speed tranny combo jeeps any tips would be helpful! and thank you!