89 to 98

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default 89 to 98

I have an 89 and i want to put a 98 intake manifold on it. is this possible what do i need to do as far as the throttle body? EGR? and Vaccume lines?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0L

It's a different FI system and would be a ton of work and you'd need to adapt the newer model ECM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

newer model ecm? nooo....

you would be looking at an HO head to do the intake swap. Would make a great setup if you added an APN header as well. You'll be moving a few vacuum lines and adapting the throttle body sensors to work with the renix box. It's a bit of work, but not much more than changing a head gasket would be. I say get a 95 head, 99 intake and apn header and go for it. There are write ups around, it has been done before.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:28 PM

well gents,
I have a 98 cherokee thats K.O.'d and i wanted to use the head intake and i have a header. i just need to know the wiring for the throttlebody. i dont mind doing the extra work. Im taking the braking system off and puttung it on the 89 also taking both axles, the radiator, the headliner, center console, lift gate and tail lights, transfercase with SYE and the bell housing bc mine is cracked. after that im puttin her up for sale. I just have too much money and time invested in it for it to not be used for wheelin. I work 72 hours a week so i dont have time to even enjoy it anymore. so im moving on to somethin i dont have to sink so much time and money into.

Thanks for the input gents. If you know of anyone that has done the wiring on one let me know. id like to do it!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0, comp cam, 99 intake, apn header, neon injectors, Thunderbolt 2.5" High Flow Cat

There is an adaptor to use the renix tps on the HO throttle body, hesco sells it.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=...563&catId=7902

I may be wrong but I think the other sensors will swap over just fine. And there may be a write up around some where of how to do it without buying hesco's adapter.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:48 PM

i was thinking of the wiring issues rather than the adapter. but thanks the adapter saves me from having to make one! lOl

Originally Posted by Donnie_K
There is an adaptor to use the renix tps on the HO throttle body, hesco sells it.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=...563&catId=7902

I may be wrong but I think the other sensors will swap over just fine. And there may be a write up around some where of how to do it without buying hesco's adapter.