Sponsored by: DashLynx

2018 WK2 TrailHawk - will it exist?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Default 2018 WK2 TrailHawk - will it exist?

Not TrackHawk

Hey all, I have been thinking about this for awhile and wanted to just ask the world if they think the Trailhawk will still be around for the next model year?
I love my WJ but things are starting to really age. It has done me well for a long time. I have been eyeing the Trailhawks, but I want to be apart of the next model year, the 18's. So I can have Apple CarPlay and all. I see I should be able to by one in the late summer.
But, according to WK2Jeeps.com, they list every other model carrying on till 2018.

If anyone by chance knows?
Old 04-19-2017, 12:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Honestly i would stay far away from any new jeep,Between the recalls and problems its not worth it to me.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:16 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

I just had a recall on my JK's passenger side airbag, but I just had it replaced. The JK has had a total of 3 recalls so far: a transmission line replacement, the airbag, and something else that was minor... but can't recall what.

Anyways, I'm not familiar with what's going wrong with the other Jeep models, but I see lots of them driving around and not exploding, so let's not make a small deal into a big one. XJs had their share of recalls during their prime.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I have been eyeing the new WK2's since they came out years ago. I would think after many many model years things would have be refined. IMO the new trailhawks looks mighty fine. I might even put in an order if I knew exactly when the order banks open. IDK though if the trim will carry over to the 2018 model year though.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by catsartcox
Yeah, I have been eyeing the new WK2's since they came out years ago. I would think after many many model years things would have be refined. IMO the new trailhawks looks mighty fine. I might even put in an order if I knew exactly when the order banks open. IDK though if the trim will carry over to the 2018 model year though.
You would be wrong. My understanding is that the trailhawks is competing for the worst vehicle in terms of reliability in the jeep lineup. This is coming from a good friend who works at the local jeep dealership. Jeep definitely has products now that "arent made like they used to". I'llgive him a call tomorrow and ask him what exactly the wk's are going in for.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

http://www.jeepproblems.com/recalls/Grand_Cherokee/
http://www.jeepproblems.com/recalls/Cherokee/
http://www.jeepproblems.com/recalls/Wrangler/
http://www.consumerreports.org/car-r...reliable-cars/
jeep dodge chrysler and fiat all are on the list and is the same company.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: 4.0L non 0331 head

Well at least the ones about the XJ are all corner lamp related or only related to aftermarket parts. Not a big deal. Use good parts.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:43 AM

Year: 1996

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
I just had a recall on my JK's passenger side airbag, but I just had it replaced. The JK has had a total of 3 recalls so far: a transmission line replacement, the airbag, and something else that was minor... but can't recall what.

Anyways, I'm not familiar with what's going wrong with the other Jeep models, but I see lots of them driving around and not exploding, so let's not make a small deal into a big one. XJs had their share of recalls during their prime.

Ya?? Well my Dads sure did. Pretty much literally. His wife had to bail out as it burned to the ground.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 AM

Year: 1996

He is actually on his 4rth in 2.5 years.

First one burned itself up, literal ball of flames, second was a complete lemon and dealership took it back, got 80k mi out of the 3rd one with only some major hub issues (still haven't figured that out) traded it in last week on another new one.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by tacklebox
Ya?? Well my Dads sure did. Pretty much literally. His wife had to bail out as it burned to the ground.
It happens, and I've seen cars from ALL manufacturers do this. I see scorched cars in the junk yards all the time ranging from Ford, to GM, to imports.

I'm happy your family got out safe, that's all that matters. Insurance should have handled the rest and got them a new car.

Last edited by thatXJguy; 04-20-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:42 PM
CF Veteran

It happens, and I've seen cars from ALL manufacturers do this. I see scorched cars in the junk yards all the time ranging from Ford, to GM, to imports.

I'm happy your family got out safe, that's all that matters. Insurance should have handled the rest and got them a new car.
all that'sbeing said is that jeep isn'texactly churning out quality products right now. Yes all brands have issues, just seems jeep has more than average since new 'ownership'
Old 04-20-2017, 01:03 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Martlor13
all that'sbeing said is that jeep isn'texactly churning out quality products right now. Yes all brands have issues, just seems jeep has more than average since new 'ownership'
I disagree. I've been seeing these issues /forever/ in Jeep. Especially the luxury models. I don't believe it's occurring more often than it did, I just think it's getting more coverage than it ever did with the introduction of smartphones and social media in recent years.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 PM
CF Veteran

I disagree. I've been seeing these issues /forever/ in Jeep. Especially the luxury models. I don't believe it's occurring more often than it did, I just think it's getting more coverage than it ever did with the introduction of smartphones and social media in recent years.
agree to disagree friend one of the main honchos at the jeep dealership is good friends with my boss. He comes in frequently and they have coffee in his office together lol...he is where I'm getting my info from. Straight up told me that jeep is havig the most issues hes ever seen in the past 5 years and hes been there for a good long while. Dont get me wrong if i wanted a new vehicle i might consider a wrangler. But even then I'm just not sold on their reliability atm. My buddy that works at the dealership even says he wouldnt buy a vehicle made by jeep haha....its sad though. The new models are fugly. You seen that latitude or what ever its called...that's a jeep?? Come on!
Old 04-21-2017, 12:35 AM

So don't buy a brand new Jeep cause they have problems? Every jeep I have ever owned has had problems! It kinda comes with the brand; Does it not? Still love them though. Things would be under warranty for a good while though. So if something does come up it would not come out of my pocket for once. Past that my '16 Subaru(known to stupidly safe and reliable) has had a good few problems/recalls the year and a half I have had it. All of them were taken care of though. I think it is naive to expect perfection from any piece of machinery that has so many moving parts, and this is coming from a recently graduated mechanical engineer.
So, about my original question? haha

Last edited by catsartcox; 04-21-2017 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by catsartcox
So don't buy a brand new Jeep cause they have problems? Every jeep I have ever owned has had problems! It kinda comes with the brand; Does it not? Still love them though. Things would be under warranty for a good while though. So if something does come up it would not come out of my pocket for once. Past that my '16 Subaru(known to stupidly safe and reliable) has had a good few problems/recalls the year and a half I have had it. All of them were taken care of though. I think it is naive to expect perfection from any piece of machinery that has so many moving parts, and this is coming from a recently graduated mechanical engineer.
So, about my original question? haha
It's not about perfection. Of course every car has issues. Ijust said jeep has more then ever before and higher then average from other brands.

in bold: I say there's a good chance it's available.