Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1999 into 1995 Sport OHC headliner Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1999 into 1995 Sport OHC headliner Swap

Hey all I am new to this forum and Jeep ownership. I recently purchased a 95 Cherokee Sport, it runs and drives great, however it has no headliner, no backing either for the headliner it is roof skin. I found a 1999 Cherokee with the over head console with lights, sunglass holder, garage door opener holder, and a display with some buttons that say "Unit" and "Reset". I am wondering if I could get this into my 1995 without too much trouble, I am sure some wiring will need to be done, any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by JiggaLoew
Hey all I am new to this forum and Jeep ownership. I recently purchased a 95 Cherokee Sport, it runs and drives great, however it has no headliner, no backing either for the headliner it is roof skin. I found a 1999 Cherokee with the over head console with lights, sunglass holder, garage door opener holder, and a display with some buttons that say "Unit" and "Reset". I am wondering if I could get this into my 1995 without too much trouble, I am sure some wiring will need to be done, any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
Yes you can. I put a 97 headliner in my 91. it will bolt right in. make sure to get the bracket that bolts or screws to the roof where the light would go. as far the the electrics go, the light wiring is the same color but you wont be able to use the trip computer. all you will get is the temp if you have the temp sensor wired up and the compass. good luck.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white91
Yes you can. I put a 97 headliner in my 91. it will bolt right in. make sure to get the bracket that bolts or screws to the roof where the light would go. as far the the electrics go, the light wiring is the same color but you wont be able to use the trip computer. all you will get is the temp if you have the temp sensor wired up and the compass. good luck.
Thanks for the help. the only thing I have had an issue with is pulling that bracket you talked about, on the donor vehicle it looks like it is rivet/welded to the cross bar. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it out. Where is the temp sensor located? I pulled just about all the wiring I could get my hands on, it had wires for the sunvisors (they had lights in the mirror side) I had to cut one set of wires under the glove compartment (couldn't get to the connectors, and didn't have enough time). Thank you.