Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1995 Cherokee - what to look for if buying

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1995 Cherokee - what to look for if buying

A friend of mine (zero mechanical skills / inclination) wants me to call on this vehicle for her. She doesn't really know what to ask so I got enlisted. I'm a Land Cruiser guy (FZJ-80) and do most of my own work so in Toyota world for that general year/make/model I feel pretty comfortable.

Is there anything in particular I should be eyeballing or asking about? And assuming it's average mileage for its age (200K?) and average condition, is there a ballpark price range?

I'm guessing it had an aftermarket front bumper with a winch that got pulled.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 298 Likes on 253 Posts
Year: '96

Besides looking for bad rust I'd be finding someone experienced with lifted GC's who would look at the vehicle and tell you if it's been done right.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EZEARL
Besides looking for bad rust I'd be finding someone experienced with lifted GC's who would look at the vehicle and tell you if it's been done right.
I wish I could, but this is a 5k person mountain town surrounded by even smaller places. The nearest major town is 3 hours away, Reno NV.

For the lift I know on my FJ80 I had to do some caster correction to keep the steering from become hair-trigger, but otherwise it was no brainer fasteners. Anything special with the Cherokee?