Cherokee Chat General non-tech Cherokee chat
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: In line 6
Default 1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?

Hi I'm brand new to the forum so please bare with me. I recently bought a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4 door 4x4 in line 6 motor with approx 285,000 miles for $1400. Ive always wanted one because my sister has 2 and I'm so excited to have it. However, I also have a 2007 Ford Escape with approx 120,000 miles on it and the Jeep does need some work. I wanted to sell the Escape and invest in the Jeep, but my friends all say I should sell the Jeep because they think it needs too much work. I am a single female on a limited budget and it looks like i will remain that way till death unless I marry a rich guy. LOL I worry all the time about my car breaking down and leaving me in a bind. Ive heard the Escapes are known for the transmission going out and being very costly because they lay differently than most cars. My sister says the Jeep is cheaper to work on and that once I get it just right ill have no worries. Everything on the Jeep is good besides the fact that it has an exhaust leak, it tends to jerk/surge kinda when I'm going over 60 mph., It keeps blowing the ac/ heater blower fuse for some reason and needs cosmetic work. ill attach some pics for you to look at in hopes someone can give me an idea on their thoughts about what I should do in regards to keeping it or selling it. Thanks to anyone willing to take the time to help. God Bless
Attached Thumbnails 1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?-img_2981.jpg   1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?-img_2986.jpg   1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?-img_2979.jpg   1994 4 door Cherokee Sport 4x4 Keep or Sell?-img_2990.jpg