Fabrication & builders section. All fabrication posts go here.
XJ/MJ/ZJ/WJ Only projects go here. Questions belong in modified tech.

quik dissconect discos?

Old 02-20-2010, 02:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 2.5l 4 cyl
Question quik dissconect discos?

how well do the quick connect discos work. dose any body have any cheap homemade ones. and what are the best way to hook the sway bar up after un hooking them? dose it give you more flex? and if you have pics plz post them THX for your help!!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:47 PM
CF Veteran

can this just be done to the bottom of the sway bar where it attatches to the axle, and leave the top with the rubber washers alone (one side is already broke and fixed well enough to run but dont want to have to screw with them and possibly break it again)?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
aka Wade-O

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Year: 1989 Comanche
Engine: 4.0

you will get more articulation with them disconnected. usually with any disco's you will disconnect the axle end. most will zip-tie or something similar them up when disconnected.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:32 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 89eliminator
you will get more articulation with them disconnected. usually with any disco's you will disconnect the axle end. most will zip-tie or something similar them up when disconnected.
yeah thats what iv read im just wondering y they do the wing nut and pin threw the top too. and wht size clevis hitch pin to use, how to get the bolt out,and how to make it so it dosent clatter and wear down that quick?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:37 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998 XJ
Engine: 4.0L

Discos are the way to go to get more articulation and more traction. Do a search in this (fab) section and you will see where a guy made some good looking discos from two sets of stock sway bar links. Check out my albums for pics of my rig disco'd. You will be able to tell if its disco'd or not. Now i bought discos from rustys and although i love rusty's products, i should have saved my money for jks's. My rustys disco's are loud and extremely hard to reconnect. I am saving up for jks's. Disco's are deffinetly worth it.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 PM
CF Veteran

Talking

Originally Posted by warthog
Discos are the way to go to get more articulation and more traction. Do a search in this (fab) section and you will see where a guy made some good looking discos from two sets of stock sway bar links. Check out my albums for pics of my rig disco'd. You will be able to tell if its disco'd or not. Now i bought discos from rustys and although i love rusty's products, i should have saved my money for jks's. My rustys disco's are loud and extremely hard to reconnect. I am saving up for jks's. Disco's are deffinetly worth it.
thx ill check them out and its my DD so i need them to last and i like to fab stuff out of nothing so thats y i want to maake some