Cherokee of the Month Come check out our Cherokee of the Month section. Enter your rig! Check out other rigs! VOTE for your favorite. You Must have 25 or more posts to participate.

Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner

1999 Cherokee Sport (XJ) 4x4 Gunmetal Pearl 4dr.
The girl named it HERO 99. (tribute to ALL armed service men and women, and those who can't be named) GO RANGERS

Specs:
* 4.0 w/ 100700+ mi. Auto trans, NP231, HP Dana 30 front, Chrylser 8.25 rear. Sport trim level, power windows N locks, A/C, NO cruise.

Engine / Fuel / exhaust MODS:
ACCEL cap N rotor, 8MM wires, NGK's, BBK 60mm Throttle body, K&N intake w/ splash guard, 4-hole injectors (Green 789's) all new sensors, New Bosch fuel pump assy., new battery, K&N oil filter, Rotella T6 oil, runs only Premium fuel and seafoam every so often, All new Walker direct fit CAT, tailpipe and quite flow muffler.
Waiting to put on: New radiator, T-stat, w/ new housing, water pump, fan clutch & fan, serp. belt and Rad. hoses, and P/S cooler.
(just waiting for time and good weather, have parts already)

Suspension & Steering:
3" zone lift with Bilstein 3100 shocks full leaf packs and BPE's.
Iron rock off road adjustable lower control arms
Iron rock off road adjustable upper control arms
Iron rock off road double shear adjustable track bar.
All new USA Alloy HD ball joints, JKS disconnects.
HD steering upgrades. Just installed "The Cure" from RuffStuff and new MOOG Blue swaybar bushings today. HUGE difference in steering and fixed the wandering.

Drivetrain stuff:
F & R axles have Yukon 4:56's, ARB air lockers w/ mini compressor under pass seat) and Solid Diff covers to protect them all. Front Axle is trussed and has LCA skids welded in.
Hack N tap SYE and double cardin rear shaft. (all new u-joints)
All new Brakes, longer Crown Braided brake lines, master cylinder and hard lines.
Front shaft is Carolina HD unit.

Interior MODS:
Kenwood Xcelon in dash radio/cd/usb with bluetooth ect (works pretty freakin' good) send / receive calls through voice command, and hear / respond to texts via speakers and mic that's mounted on left of dash near the vent. "hands free".
1 pair of 5.25" hertz speakers for the rear sound pods .
1 pair of higher end herts speakers for the front doors.
heavy duty shizzzz for wires as well..
ARB compressor and locker switches are in place of the ash tray. Big a$$ mirror addition.
Under rear seat storage area has mounts for high lift jack, straps, first-aid kit, etc.
Weather Tech full floor mat kit, front, rear & cargo area.
All switches, locks, windows, A/C, lights, etc. are "functional". !!!!!!

Body, Armor & MODS:
JCR front bumper with stinger, D-ring mounts and 6 LED pods mounted in it. (Has front receiver hitch area that houses a custom license plate holder I fab'd up)
Frame stiffeners fully welded (complete F to R) steering box plates, ARES rear bumper w/ D-rings & receiver hitch (custom flag mount fabbed to fly old Glory)
ARES custom tank skid. (sealed to color matched paint on tank)
Custom fab'd rockers. Bent and fully welded out of 1/4" plate. (might as well be on a full frame with all this STUFF to hold it together)
Rusty's T-case skid plate. Bushwacker Flat Flares. (cut N trimmed fenders) Done RIGHT!!
Hood Spacers (off Ebay) to vent the HOT stuff. (they work pretty good actually)
Smoked blinker and corner lights. (going to LED bulbs soon)
Tinted windows, modded Cherokee badging to read HERO Sport. specialty plate that reads 1HERO 99. Adams waxes & polishes for body = $$$, but my brother uses it on his show Camaro. (nice stuff)
Gun Metal Pearl paint is perfect. No rust anywhere. Window vent visors now on.
Lower body section covered in Monsta-Liner. "ALL" the under body coated in POR-15 (gloss) Body was a rust free donor to begin with. Every bolt and fastener for under body & suspension are stainless or 12point grade 8 units.
Access door for fuel pump cut into floor of cargo area. Added 2 extra cross bars to stock roof rack.

Wheels N Tires:
15x8 alloys with 33x12.5x15 Kenda Klever A/T tires. (VERY impressed so far) 35psi F & 32psi R.
Spare is a 305/70R16 Dick Cepek FCII on a rock crawler soft 8.

How it Performs:
This thing runs Awesome! The Girl LOVES driving this thing! (Yes I do)
Can crawl near vertical with ease using the lockers. Previously ran GOODYEAR MTR Kevlars, but switched to the Kenda's since a lot of driving was on the road and the girl and I planned to just hit trails & some moderately difficult stuff (due to back accident) and so far it's stuffed the rear tire up without rubbing and the front is clear when stuffed and at lock.
We're pretty happy with it so far and it's tackled all we've attempted to go over or up.

Future Plans:
S10 steering box and a cross frame steering box support are in order, as well as "the Cure" tie rod spacer from Ruff Stuff to get rid of the wandering feeling. (ordered, on the way) Thanks for the discount guys. edit:: now here, just need to install this weekend. (DONE: thanks for the help dad Jeep drives GREAT)
Disk brake upgrade for the rear. Front brakes I'm looking at fabbing a mount for some Hyundai twin piston calipers.
Hood vents are in the works and/or a cowl hood addition.
Also plan to do some nicer headlights, the harness upgrade for them and address the rear hatch lever. (latch now DONE)
Full length roof rack & perhaps another set of MTR's for when we "OFF-ROAD" a lil more than what the A/T's can handle.

The girl is doing a LOT of the work on it, including changing the injectors, oil changes, bleeding the brakes, cleaning the filter, detailing it and getting used to driving with Lockers off road. She LOVES this Jeep and the HERO 99 theme is important to her. She took great pride in being in the 4th of July Parade, flying the stars N stripes off the back and visiting with our current & veteran soldiers.
She's a Steelers football lovin', gear head, JEEP chic all the way. (did I mention she also and really good, goes to college and works 2 jobs)
You're "MY" hero Remington. (Thanks Dad. We B G pn)
Attached Thumbnails Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm1.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm2.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm3.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm4.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm5.jpg  

Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm6.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm8.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm9.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm7.jpg   Congrats, Krakker! July COTM Winner-cotm10.jpg  

Last edited by Krakker; 08-02-2016 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1993

Not sure where the pictures went. Don't have time to fix it. If you can edit your post here please feel free to readd your pictures.

Congrats. PM me and I'll tell you where to send pictures.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Seasoned Member

Awesome! Thank you to all who voted.
I LOVE this Jeep and owe most the credit to my dad for its coolness, but I love working on it and doing all I can. Driving with lockers is an experience I'm learning to enjoy. Can't wait to hit some trails now that we get all the cooling system replaced.

Great forum here. Love checking out all the other rides.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:31 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Congrats, Krakker! Great lookin' Jeep!
Old 08-02-2016, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6

Congrats, Krakker!!
Old 08-02-2016, 11:28 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Nicely done sir!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee(XJ)

Congrats on the win, well deserved!
Old 08-03-2016, 09:06 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Congrats! Such a clean XJ!
Old 08-03-2016, 11:34 AM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats
Old 08-03-2016, 12:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1994...mostly...
Engine: 4.0L I6 HO, Lot's of Bolt Ons

Congrats
Old 08-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Seasoned Member

Thank you everyone.
I see the girl already responded, but I'm super proud of her for all the work she's put in on it and learning to drive it.
She was pretty sad when we traded of the YJ for it, but she's getting the benefit of being able to drive this one daily AND take it off road. So she's stoked to be livin' the Jeep life.

Congrats Jeep Chic !!!
Old 08-05-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Super clean Jeep worthy of COTM
Old 08-19-2016, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 ho

love that rig; sweet as anything!
Old 08-31-2016, 12:48 AM
Seasoned Member

It's been a good ride. Congrats to the next winner, who ever it may be.
I'm happy to have represented the XJ community. I'll be running for president soon enough and using my July XJ submission as part of my campaign.
Thank you, thank you,,,, thank you very much.