Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Isuzu Amigo Drivetrain Heat

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Isuzu Amigo Drivetrain Heat

I am hoping perhaps someone can help me with an old Izusu Amigo that I have. I have tried to find a good Amigo forum, but they have like 3 members and 5 threads with the last update 2 years ago.

First let me say I would take a Jeep anyday, but this 94 Amigo was given to me as a gift for helping someone out.

It runs okay, but has developed two issues
(1) The drivetrain - specifically the hump through the middle of the jeep and the rear floor gets REALLY, REALLY HOT. It has carpet, but it is very hot to the touch when you are driving it. So hot that a plastic grocery bag I had sitting on the backseat floor actually partially melted. In the winter this heat is welcome, but when it's 95 with high humidity it sucks. Any ideas what causes this kind of heat in drivetrain?

(2) On the drivers-side rear leaf spring, the middle leaf broke in half. All of the others are there and intact, but the middle leaf snapped and is hanging out. Why would one snap like that? How hard is this to replace?

Thanks for any advice, even if you've experienced this on your Jeep, it might be applicable.

Keith
Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 PM

Year: 1993, 1994
Engine: 4.0L HO

Originally Posted by k2keith
help me with an old Izusu Amigo that I have.

(1) The drivetrain - specifically the hump through the middle of the jeep and the rear floor gets REALLY, REALLY HOT.

An Amigo is not a Jeep!

Anyway, not sure on #2, but on #1 I suspect if you look underneath you'll notice the heat shielding for the exhaust is missing.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:20 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0

An Amigo is not a Jeep!

> You got me, good catch, I didn't even realize I said Jeep when describing until re-reading my post

I agree an Amigo is certainly not a Jeep - I would even argue that an Amigo is barely half a Jeep!

Anyway, thanks for the advice on the heatshield I will look into that.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:51 PM

When you want good quality Isuzu Amigo Car Body Parts, you need to come here to find what you need to get your Isuzu vehicle in shape again. You will find all the Isuzu Amigo Car Body Parts. When you need Isuzu Amigo Car Body Parts for your car or truck, you want them fast and simple. There will be no other way to get those Car Body Parts that you are in search of then by getting them at our Isuzu Amigo Car Body Parts store online. We are committed to bringing you the best Isuzu aftermarket and OEM replacement Car Body Parts for your Isuzu car, truck or sport utility vehicle.