Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Giday from Australia

Old 01-13-2009, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Giday from Australia

My wife is driving her KJ renogade and she loves it. my question is has anyone else got on with cooling troubles and please tell me where the markers in the engine dip stick are cause this in is a cross hatch only and the Hi and low holes on the Auto transmission dip stick.
The engine dip stick is not like a thin taped metal strip but is like a long coiled spring.

Allen
Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0 liter RENIX I-6, DIY Cold Air Intake, 2.5 FM Exhaust, 3 Core Radiator

I bought my wife a 2006 Jeep Liberty (KJ). It has the 3.7 liter V-6 and automatic tranny. The oil and tranny dip stick markings are your typical ones with the full and add marks etched in the little metal stick down toward the bottom. Not sure what the engine and tranny options were. Your KJ may have a different motor and tranny.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:16 AM

so what type of dip stick should be in the engine and how much oil should the diesel engine have?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:26 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0l

do you have access to the owners manual? it would say in there, cause your engine is posslily different then what we have here, don't wanna give wrong info, engine dipstick should have a yellow end to it, and also the trans stick. shut the engine down, let it sit at least 5 mins, or over night if possible to get a real reading. pull the engine dipstick, where's the oil n it?
should be no higher than the full mark, wipe it down and re-check if needed. trans fluid should be checked with a warm engine, up to operating temp, put your trans thru all the gears, make sure your on level ground, use a clean rag/cloth, check the reading, IF YOU NEED TO ADD!, only add 0.5L's at the MOST, do not overfill. or, if your really not sure, take it to a local garage, most of them are pretty good about things like this. Stumper