Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

brake issue dodge van b2500

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l 6 cylinder
Default brake issue dodge van b2500

Hello Everyone,

i'm having an issue with the brakes. I mean they work and seem to work good but the peddle is not solid like it used to be its more spongy or i should say goes down further.

I had some issues recently with them and other things on the van. over heating etc etc. got all of the stuff repaired but the brakes caused me a problem.

another thread i described it so i'll keep it short here,

when all the stuff kinda went to heck i pulled off the tires and found the drivers side caliper had frozen up.

so I replaced the calipers

on advise here i replaced the hoses as well

long story short couldn't break free the brake line from the old hoses.

people said its easy replace them too so i did

those was a pain in the butt. not actually removing them and cutting the new lines in (they don't make direct replacements for them) my problem came with the flares, nothing to go by my flares was ok but not good enough not to have problems, ended up having someone come over and fix them for me.

also side note this is the first vehicle i've ever had that you can put the pads on backwards and still get the caliper on.

ok so all its taken care of and it can be driven safely on the road its just the peddle is not as solid as it was. don't seem to be air in the system anywhere and its full of fluid. they was solid before.

again replaced the following:

calipers both front ones
hoses
brake lines

vehicle is a
1997 dodge ram van b2500
5.2l v8
automatic trans.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

ryan