Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Zj seat question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Zj seat question

I picked up a set of leather electric memory seats from a recycler from a 99 loaded ZJ and am looking for the wiring diagram for this type of seat. Mainly the wiring for the reclining and heating side of the seats.
They are going into my XJ which has dead manual cloth seats. I have installed the driver's side on my manual siders and it is great! I do want to be able to adjust the seat back angle and hope that someone could give me some guidence on that switch and motor wiring .. before I start poking around and screw it up!
Also has anyone had any experience in trying to rebuild a seat? The passengers is kind of pooched since the donor was seriously t-boned on the passenger's side. I think that I may be able to pull the base frame out of my manual seat and replace the screwed power seat's frame thus having matching seats.
In any case any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L

if the seats are from a 99 then you have WJ seats not ZJ seats. The ZJ was made from 93-98 and the WJ from 99-04
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by Sails
I picked up a set of leather electric memory seats from a recycler from a 99 loaded ZJ and am looking for the wiring diagram for this type of seat. Mainly the wiring for the reclining and heating side of the seats.
They are going into my XJ which has dead manual cloth seats. I have installed the driver's side on my manual siders and it is great! I do want to be able to adjust the seat back angle and hope that someone could give me some guidence on that switch and motor wiring .. before I start poking around and screw it up!
Also has anyone had any experience in trying to rebuild a seat? The passengers is kind of pooched since the donor was seriously t-boned on the passenger's side. I think that I may be able to pull the base frame out of my manual seat and replace the screwed power seat's frame thus having matching seats.
In any case any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Welcome to CF. I'll send you a Private Message.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

I stand corrected! The seat still fit right on to my track so I guess I am lucky inspite of my ignorance.

Dan, thanks for the welcome and the information!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by Sails
I stand corrected! The seat still fit right on to my track so I guess I am lucky inspite of my ignorance.

Dan, thanks for the welcome and the information!
Glad to be of help when/if I can.