Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

WJ Spare Parts Kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2003
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, 63mm TB, FIPK, Gibson Exhaust
Default WJ Spare Parts Kits

Going wheelin for the first time in the WJ since lifting it 3" this coming weekend. Might try a bit more difficult path as a result. I have a good recovery kit, basic tools, shovel, axe, a BFH, and pipe wrench. What spare parts should I take? I have Outer TRE for both sides as spares since the tie rod is low and vulnerable on the dub, also have a couple spare u joints just in case? Should I get inner TREs as well? Anything else I should consider putting in my kit?

TIA
Old 04-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by tsconver
Going wheelin for the first time in the WJ since lifting it 3" this coming weekend. Might try a bit more difficult path as a result. I have a good recovery kit, basic tools, shovel, axe, a BFH, and pipe wrench. What spare parts should I take? I have Outer TRE for both sides as spares since the tie rod is low and vulnerable on the dub, also have a couple spare u joints just in case? Should I get inner TREs as well? Anything else I should consider putting in my kit?

TIA
I like to carry an extra drop in air filter, cap, rotor, alt, and a few other misc things that I can not put a finger on at the moment.

PS - be sure to get some pics.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
I like to carry an extra drop in air filter, cap, rotor, alt, and a few other misc things that I can not put a finger on at the moment.

PS - be sure to get some pics.
will get pics and hopefully video. As far as your list, I have a FIPK and WJs do not have caps and rotors. Not sure I want to invest in a spare alternator that would be expensive to have lieing around as a spare. Someone else said axles again seems expensive for spares.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:34 PM

They seem expensive until you are stranded on a trail, then they are priceless. But my spare parts array happened over time, as you upgrade you generate a lot of spare stuff.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
They seem expensive until you are stranded on a trail, then they are priceless. But my spare parts array happened over time, as you upgrade you generate a lot of spare stuff.
yeah I figured I would swap out the new TREs and rear ujoints anyway in the near future, will keep the old ones as spares once I do it.

guess I would need three axle shafts to have a complete set right? One for teh rear, assume they are the same and one for each side of the front?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:11 PM

That would be correct.