Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

What is this...where can i get one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default What is this...where can i get one?

Inquiring form my brother-in-law. He has a 2003 Grand Cheorkee. The a/c will come on and then just stop. There is a wiring harness right up near the radiator that appears to kick the fan on...you can wiggle it and it will come on...of course it goes back off...harness needs replacing/repair. I've tried to attach a picture of it. It has two wires...a black wire and a blue wire. What is this called and where can we find a replacement. Was thinking if we could just get a new connector, we could just splice into the wires.

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2011, 10:01 AM

Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2l

Just go to your local junk yard with a pair of cutters and pay the nice man at the office, splice it in, and viola! Working A/C!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM

Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

If its just a connector you can cut and splice if you want to do it on the cheap, just remember it will have to be cut to be removed.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:54 PM

Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee (WJ)
Engine: 4.0L I6

Im having the same exact issue you are having, how did you solve it, im thinking about going to the junkyard and cutting one off and splicing it or just deleting the connectors and splicing those wires together. I dont want to overheat my jeep and i want ac to be cold lol.