Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

vic & power window question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default vic & power window question

ok well my VIC hasnt worked since i got my jeep (95 grand cherokee limited) about 3 months ago. niether has my front pass window or rear driver window. ive checked all the fuses and they are good not sure why they dont work .well yeasterday i drove my sister to the eye doctor due to snow while i was waiting i decided to take the VIC out and check it out so i unhooked it looked at it a bit then i pluged it back in and tried to start the jeep and it didnt crank so i checked the batt and all the fuses still nothing
so here i am in the parking lot bout to poop my pants double checking the batt and nothing i decided to put it in nutral and try and she fired right up no problems but now my front pass window works with the driver side controls but not the pass side controls the rear window still doesnt work im not sure what could do that if any of you have an idea please let me know
Old 02-06-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

likely the nss(neutral saftey switch) needs cleaning not sure if you have the same thing the xj has or not is it a 4.o motor if so google it
on the windows you possibly have broken wires inside that rubber boot where the wires are hidden on the drivers door (the thing you see when the door is open) google it you should be able to find something