Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

~*~ ? on TPMS Sensors Reading on Overhead Center Console Display. *Pics ~*~

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Default ~*~ ? on TPMS Sensors Reading on Overhead Center Console Display. *Pics ~*~

Hello-

Buon giorno! I trust to find everyone well and enjoying their day.

I've owned an 02 JCG Overlander 4.7 105K on her for about 90 days now.

When I first purchased her the overhead console read no reading on the spare tire as it did not have a TPMS sensor. I forget what the actual wording was. So I went ahead and purchased 1 and had it installed in the spare. Tried resetting the reading but nada it still read check tire sensor?

I went ahead and purchased four additional sensors of which two read the pressure correctly, so I installed the two that did not work and waited to see if they display would stop reading check tire sensors. To date it still reads this although I'm getting a correct reading on the tire pressure?

May I ask whats the deal here? Is there a way to reset this ? Or is there something I don't understand with the Chrysler engineering design?

Its not the end of the world but it is annoying as this vehicle is my daily driver. Thank you. I appreciate anyone's help.

Name:  image8.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  68.6 KB

btw I wasn't trying to be boastfull of the money clip guys, I just grabbed whatever was handy to block my home address.

Name:  image22.jpeg
Views: 157
Size:  88.4 KB

Now when I press the CT button it goes back to compass/temp. If I press step it illustrates pressure?

Name:  image12.jpeg
Views: 160
Size:  80.5 KB

Whenever I get in the car this shows regardless of my trying to reset the system or maybe I'm not doing it correctly?

My apologies. Looks like I have some grease or something, I hadn't notice before... I'll clean that asap ha!

Name:  image13.jpeg
Views: 200
Size:  93.4 KB

It only displays tire pressure if I press step otherwise continuously ijust shows the "Service Tire Pressure System" ??

Is there something I'm missing or is it part of the ground ordeal on those two cables in my other post??

Also while I'm at it, someone may know where to purchase the peanut tiny bulbs that go behind the garage door opener tabs ? I've gone to a couple dealers in my area and while they have the map light bulbs, they do not carry the ones behind the garage door opener push button. They are about the size of a grain of wild rice. I was told if I wanted to get those lights to work, I'd have to purchase the entire control overhead for about $300 Yeah right all I need are the bulbs!!

Thanks guys, enjoy your day. PeterB.

-

Last edited by PeterB; 04-30-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:46 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.7L

You probably need the TPM trained. The tool is a magnet that looks like a donut.

Speaking of food. How was supper last night?

I'm not sure which bulbs you need but I have three of those console units none of them will light the Homelink buttons. I moved those bulbs to the one I'm currently using and nada. The bulbs work but it won't light the buttons.

Last edited by jmonts; 04-30-2014 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM

Engine: 4.0

I figure I'll get some backlash for saying this but, throw away all those sensors. If you can monitor your own tire pressure then ditch them. I them removed on 2 of my vehicles. Dont waste any more of your money on them.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM

Thanks JMonts. Dinner was lonely but good bud. Tip my hat off to the Flyers for playing a hell of a game. Now its time for game7 where anything can happen. If I was a betting man and I'm... Rangers pull it out. Should be a great game.

Have you guys ever tried Lou Malnatis pie. Its to die for. They do ship'm 3/4 out on dried ice for a minimum of about a hondo... Really reallly good. If you like deep dish pizza try it sometime, you'll thank me.Probably won't taste the same when you make it in your own oven as it does when you pick it up pipping hot but trust me "Like Angels Dancing on Your Tongue" Lol.

Name:  image16.jpeg
Views: 145
Size:  106.6 KB

Name:  image17.jpeg
Views: 145
Size:  132.3 KB

Guys I saw the donut near my spare but have no clue how to train it.

The guys at the Firestone apparently don't know as well? They did install it on my Vett, I do like having them (especially since there's no spare in the vert, kinda warns you if your running low on a flat) so I thought why not have it work on the Jeep too?

As pertains to your comment FishBone (3rd request. Whats your name anyways stud and whats with FishBone avatar? Please enlighten us? Wink.) I did consider not purchasing the sensors but then thought for sure I'd always have the flashing re set your sensors read out and so I went with it.

Anyhow I'm off to some Network Marketing meeting yuk. I promised my plumber I would make an appearance as a result I'm following through on my word. Talk later guys, please keep your posts coming. Thank you.

PeterB.

-

Last edited by PeterB; 04-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by jmonts
You probably need the TPM trained. The tool is a magnet that looks like a donut.

Speaking of food. How was supper last night?

I'm not sure which bulbs you need but I have three of those console units none of them will light the Homelink buttons. I moved those bulbs to the one I'm currently using and nada. The bulbs work but it won't light the buttons.

Jmonts. Brian right? I thought to try some peanut bulbs from my old overhead console (whats that called?) on the homelink is it? (The garage openner buttons) bulbs and they didn't work either? Then the right two worked so I switched one over to the left and now the CT button lights and the Step buttons on the right light but nothing on the two center ones? Which is tricky cause I have them all programmed, garage doors open fine but when coming home late at night can't see which button to push as a result other door opens as apposed to the one I 'd like openned. So now I just trun on the map lights to see which buttom I'm pushing. Sure would be nice to get the bulbs I need that work! Probably a junk yard thing as soon as the weather warms

Thanks again guys.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM

Brian? Name's John.
Why did you change the EVIC(thats the name of the overhead console)? On the three I have, the light won't shine through any of the Homelink(garage door opener) buttons when I install working bulbs. Not sure if that is just my luck or what. Since mine do not light up either I go by feel.
Training the TPMS

Nope never eaten there. Never been to chicago actually.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 PM

Thanks for that training link John.

I must have been thinking of the other guy who responded to a pm named Brian. Good guy.

Anyhoot long story short, in between my first 2000 Limited 310K miles which State Farm ruled a loss at $4200, I purchased a Laredo with 200K for $2600. That Laredo did not have an EVIC with Homelink. While I was waiting for the tow truck to come by and pick up the Limited. I picked up an Evic. Then I ran into this 02 Overlander with 100K less miles, so I sold the Laredo for $3000 on CL and picked up the Overlander for $5k. I been driving the Overlander for about 90 days now and while I like it, it has some issues.

So I took the bulbs out of the Limited Evic and tried it on my Overlander center Homeling (right side 2 bulbs worked on the Overlander Evic) But my bulbs from the Evic in the Limited would not work on the Overlander Evic?

I then took one of the right side and moved it far left and it worked. So I have the right and left side of the Evic working now but no center Homelink illumination just yet. Since then I've tried finding bulbs at dealers but they don't sell them here in Chicago?

I've even asked my personal assistant Sonia IHadto Phoneya to check on line but no luck yet? Small world she happens to be from Springfield TN know her or any of her sisters by any chance?

Sonia has also called around for those bulbs without any success? Or so she tells me John I'm sure you agree, its all irrelevant as long as she's around us

Name:  216_10001-1.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  194.6 KB

Maybe those bulbs are available by you John. Have you checked around? If not it maybe a junkyard deal...

I bet you a dollar to a donut Fish "RockOn" Bone knows whats up with this too or where to find them..
He'll probably posta Youtubie for us

Really maybe you should visit sometime. I come down to Dale Hallow and fish for smallies. How do you like this 18" beauty?
You should have see the one that got away hahahha

Name:  DSC005151.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  123.7 KB

Springfield ha? Do you or Sonia sister live anywhere around there ?

Sonia tells me she's got a sister Michael that is looking to meet someone...

Know anyone that maybe like him? I mean her...

Name:  390_10001.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  108.1 KB

LOl just a little harmless fun. I hope it made you guys smile

Yes John, if you like deep dish pizza there's nothing like it Mo.
Lou's is totally Out of this world! Talk later pal

PeterB.

PS If you have any pics of where those grounding straps belong please paste them here OK. Thank you buddy

*Back to tire sensors and how to reset the EVIC.

-

Last edited by PeterB; 05-01-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:53 AM

PETER!!! I can't believe you're back on those ground straps!! I would use the quote feature but I hate when folks do that. Jmonts gave you the exact location in detail, bolt sizes and torque specs. It doesn't get any better than that unless he came to your house and did it for you!!!! While I have enjoyed living my life, vicariously through you during the past several days, we would like to hear some good news about you fixing some of those problems with your new GC.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:03 AM

OHC bulbs:

Dome / Reading / EVIC
2 192L0000192
NOTE: The EVIC in the overhead console uses 4 bulbs for backlighting the C/T, Reset, Step and Menu buttons. The OEM part # is 04437661. For more information see "'EVIC" in the bulb removal section)
T-3-1/4 13 0.33 4.29
Website is: http://www.wjjeeps.com

Peter, I'm going to have to start charging you for this consulting and I don't even get out of bed for anything less than $50/hr.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:03 AM

Yikes what a FacieBrutta to see so early in the AM! Sonia sister needs to ease us into it a little....

Good morning Gents-

Rangers pulled through as I predicted. Uhaaaaaaa! Now the Stanely Cup Champions BlackHawks Vs. Minnesota Wild.
Let's get it on!

That biz meeting last night was brutal. Even though it only lasted an hour, I cringed as I've attended dozens of multilevel marketing meetings and have always found them naussiating. Peeps just don't get it the product is never important the recruiting/sponsoring is the key... Just not for me.

Precisely my dear FishBone, I was preparing to do that this weekend and wanted to get a refresher prior to tackling that project... I hope its not to complicated. I have limited mechanical technical abilities and can do some things... This is primarily do to the apartment buildings I have owned all these years. Btw to me FishBone you are worth every bit of that in fact I'm suggesting your underpaid and overworked. You my friend are the best!

On those bulbs FishBone, Thank you but I don't believe those are the ones. Those are the map light ones. There are four that go behind the Homelink tabs are the size of a grain of wildrice with two prongs sticking out, kinda like the mag flashlight bulbs. I' have a couple in the car and will have Sonia Hadto Phoneya take a photos for us to compare.

Well, another rainy day here and off we go to run some errands and perhaps stop at the lakefront for a long walk. Scout the water/area a little and see if there are any smallies moving in for the spawn. Unbelievable that this time of year the water temps are still at approx 40*, bizarre to say the last!

Arivederci.Ci vediamo, ciao

PietroB

Last edited by PeterB; 05-01-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Peter the part number for those bulbs is 04437661 which was mentioned in the link.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 PM

My apologies. I stand corrected, I noted the photo n dismissed it without studying it further. Thank you.

How silly of my to think you missed something I'll get Sonia to start calling around...

Gosh you are so good my man!
Why couldn't I be lucky enough to have you here in Chicago as a brother in law.

She's got them ordered and on their way for 4.29 piece (pricey little suckers) $22 with shipping. Thank again brotha.

Btw I'm sure you guys know. You know how those newer Models have those headlights that glow bright white all day long, kinda around the perimeter of the headlight. Would a set of those fit OK on our car? About what does a nice set of those run without breaking the bank? They look pricey yes? Duece or so?

Chinese tonight John. What can I say men being single there are many lonely meals when my son isn't around...

Not bad spicy Szerchwan Beef action with a side egg roll $9 & tip, carryout.

Name:  IMG_4232.jpeg
Views: 137
Size:  43.0 KB

Go BlackHawks Go Go Go

Go Montreal Go Go Go

-

-

Last edited by PeterB; 05-03-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:46 AM

Happy Friday gentlemen! Whats new and exciting this weekend guys?

Yes I will re grounding those straps hahaha but I also have a service to do on my scooter so looks like my weekend will be hanging in the garage playing with tools. Just curious John before I get into those straps, I'll probably have to pick up those bolts cause I know the previous owner did not just leave them there. I can pick up any type of 10mm bolts right, stainless steel etc.

I also have to stop by the scooter store for some parts today too... Nothing else exciting doing this weekend here, maybe I'll try to get couple ticks to Sir Paul Mc performance in July... There's a Motown Musical in town my friend Jerry said was pretty good but at a hondo a seat not sure I can swing either one. In fact I know I can't!

Name:  DSC01247.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  105.9 KB

Fyi guys that's a 1998' 95th Anniversary with a little over 22K on her... I toured her around a bit before we were married with a few different scadoles. Did the Sturgis ride solo, Brice Canyon & Blue Ridge Parkway and the Dragon with the wife and a few other single weekend excursions up north in the UP... She's needed her 20k service since this past year along with oil change for the season etc. So busy weekend in between trying to water some flowers lol

Enjoy your weekend guys. Good day.

-

Last edited by PeterB; 05-03-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:28 PM

Nope, they will already be there. Those nuts hold down the coil pack.
Hope to see pics of the ground straps bolted down next!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:42 PM

Thanks John. I'll do that tomorrow or Sunday for sure... I have my nieces daughters 1st communion to attend tomorrow afternoon, try and knock this off in the morning. It doesn't sound like its going take longer then what 30 min tops right?

What are you doing this weekend anything exciting?

Go BlackHawks Go

-

Quick Reply: ~*~ ? on TPMS Sensors Reading on Overhead Center Console Display. *Pics ~*~