Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

start/stall idel problems.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default start/stall idel problems.

i have a 94 jeep cherokee ltd. i have had all the basic tuneup done wires,plugs distributor cap, fuel filter, i had piston changed pick up coil valves checked for leeks. it has about 100 thousand miles and it is a 5.2 v8. for the past three weeks it has been stalling out. temperature gauge is within normal range. the fuel pump is only a few years old. i have not put a fuel temp gauge on it yet. it will run for a while and then stall out. it starts back up after about 10 or 15 min and sometimes it will run a bit longer and sometimes it doesn't. no one seems to know what the problem is and i am not trying to spend a fortune for another mechanic. i have also been reading a lot of forums and this seems to be a problem with this car. can you please tell me what I might need to do to fix this. i do not think it is the fuel pump because when you put the key in and turn it, i had someone laying underneath to see if they could here it come on and it does. please help. i am at a loss. thanks
donna maler