Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

sorry i posted this in the wrong place.still need hepl!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default sorry i posted this in the wrong place.still need hepl!!

i just recently got a 1994 jeep grand cherokee lerado v8, this vehicle has every option that the year offered, recentley my battery went dead, and i tried to jump start it, the second i hooked up the cables the lights came on and started flashing, there was no alarm just flashing lights. so i researched on the e net to find that this is an ongoing problem with jeeps and since i dont have the remote to disarm it i knew it was gunna be a pain to fix it. so here is what all i have done so far that hasnt worked.

1.i have put the key in every lock on the vehicle in every pattern known to man,and nothing.
2.i have tried to ground out the wire in the drivers side kick panel (the purple/yellow one) to disable the security system all together.....still no luck
3.i have also takin the glovebox out and unplugged the security module and also unplugged the plug in the overhead compartment (the one that tells you temp,and direction of travel)

If any of you have any ideas that would work other than going to the dealership and paying the 400-800$ they said it would be, i would greatley greatly greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for taking the time to read this i know it was kinda long.