Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

some problems advise please

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default some problems advise please

ok, I have a 95 grand cherokee. it drives fine but have some problems. one is the speedo problem that I see others have but have not seen a fix. It bounces and works very sporadically. the odometer does not work if the speedo is not working right either. All the other guages work fine. The overhead console does show the miles correctly. I have replaced the speed sensor but that is it.
Also the "check 4wd switch" message. not only is it annoying, it may be the reason that the VIC says "LO" all the wheels show engaged and it feels like it is in 4 lo only when turning sharp. I know it is actually not in lo because I have driven it at higher speeds. The trany was just rebuilt but my brother who just passed from cancer. this was his last job ever so I really want to get this stuff fixed and take special care of it.
are the 4 wd switch and 4wd acuator the same thing?
I have tried taking the dash apart and looking at the back of the instument cluster but could not figure out how to get it out after I had taken everything else apart!
I have tried the repair manual but it does not have anything for either of these issues that I could find. thanks for any help.....