Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Rear lower control arm bushings

Old 02-17-2017, 08:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Rear lower control arm bushings

Sorry for the large number of questions lately. One last one for now hopefully...

Have some replacement bushings for me rear lower control arms. They are Moog K7418's. Each box came with two slightly different bushings The two different bushings in one box had identical counterparts in the other box, so I'm guessing it is intentional and there is a decent reason for it.

Problem is, I can't seem to figure out which goes where, or why it would matter. Thought I would seek out some expertise here. In the picture, the two on the left are identical, just top and bottom views. Same for the right.

Some of the differences are:
Bushings on the right have a hole in the rubber on either side of the inner metal sleeve
Bushings on the right have rubber that extends over the entirety of the top of the flange
Bushings on the right have space between the end of the rubber and the end of the metal on the side opposite the flange
Bushings on the left have flattened edges on the flange

Last edited by Hatsuwr; 02-17-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6

Looks like from the control arm assemblies they sell, the one with the holes goes on the end of the arm closes to the hole in the top rail.

Still curious why.

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/moog-rk620245