Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Power Mirror Memory Lapses

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 04:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L
Default Power Mirror Memory Lapses

There's a new wrinkle in my WJ. It's a Limited edition so it has the memory system for seats, mirrors and etc at the push of a button (among other things, all programmable). My driver side mirror no-longer goes to either of the programmed positions that I preset. It now positions itself at a downward view angle, rather than rearward, when I press either of the memory buttons. I know that the initially programmed position values are the product of feedback values from vertical and horizontal potentiometers integral to the mirror module, connected to and controlled by the DDM. Are there any other WJ tech-heads (like me) out there who may have had experience in debugging their power seat or power mirror memory systems? Did you find an electronic, electrical or mechanical failure was the cause? I'm a root cause & corrective action type of debugger, rather than a module swapper, and more often than not I find corresponding modules/sensors are not at fault, that I did the right thing. I'd like to hear about your experience before I dig in...