Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Please help meeee!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Exclamation Please help meeee!!

can someone help me?? i just bought a 1993 jeep grand cherokee laredo and it has a transmission leak. the man i bought it from is mechanically inclined....im not really. but if someone cud talk me thru this, i'd really appreciate it. he said that when he had replaced the transmission line that connects to the radiator, he lost one of the clips and couldnt seal the hose properly. i ordered a part from autozone item #47148 (universal connector clips) in hopes that this wud solve the prob. my brother was unable to fix it...he said hes not sure the leak is coming from there...but theres only a twisted wire holding the rubber tube to the metal tube. does it sound like i have the right part? is this something easily fixed? the tranny goes thru a gallon of fluid in 30 miles. and when its turned on...it leaks worse...its hard to tell where its coming from...maybe multiple leaks? does anybody have any suggestions besides taking it to a mechanic? im trying to save $$ any help..ideas on install...greatly appreciated! thx
Old 11-14-2009, 10:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2 v8

a picture would help, but anyways if its the same setup ive been across, theres a metal end on the tranny line, that connects over a metal line that comes off of the radiator, referenced to as a "quick connect" inside the metal hole on the actual hose from the tranny, theres a little clip that goes into it (circular in shape with a few tab things on it) that clips the hose onto the radiator line....the clips pop in and out of the tranny line with a bit of patience.......once the new clip is in that hose it just slides over the rad. line and youll hear it click.....it is now sealed and locked in place...if that line isnt sealed good it will leak quite a bit, pretty sure its a pressurized line, and if that clips not in it, its a good easy place to start