Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

P0174 code

Old 10-26-2016, 07:28 AM

Model: Cherokee
Default P0174 code

Hello everyone!

I have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited with the 5.7L hemi. I love this thing! It has it all! However, I have recently noticed my check engine light has come on with a code of P0174 and my scan tool says my "system is too lean" and I also recently just installed a high flow car assembly and a cat back exhaust system on my jeep. It sounds amazing but my tail pipe is black as hell. I know that isn't normal so I took my jeep back to the guy who installed it and he said that that I am burning a lot more fuel than normal now. He suggested that I needed to get an "air fuel ratio meter" for 2:1? I believe he means I need a new oxygen sensor and he said that he knew what he meant and not an oxygen sensor. With all that being said, does anyone have any advice or suggestions? I got my exhaust a few weeks ago and just yesterday my check engine like went off. It had been on the past few weeks. Thank you!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description: